Chapter 11

Unedited

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know that feeling you get when you are standing in front of a big crowd that you are freakin’ scared of? Well, that is how I am feeling right now. I had whales in my tummy and I was shaking worse than an earthquake. 

I was partly hid behind Zithanial and my eyes were cast to the floor. Standing in a room full of my pack with a large percentage of them who hate me, it doesn’t agree with me. 

Alpha Stone had called an impromptu pack meeting just after I woke up in Zithanial’s arms this morning. My only guess it is to discuss the ‘matter’ at hand. While I do want Saxon and his followers to pay for what they have done, I don’t want anything bad to happen with them. I don’t hate them for what they have done to me, I am just disappointed and scared.

I see some of the teenage member that were involved in my regular torment, start to fidget and look towards the exists, as Alpha Stone starts his speech. 

“Many of you may not know, but yesterday afternoon after the celebration, Zithanial found his Mate.” Alpha Stone stated in a strong voice that easily carried through the room with a collective of gasp following. “She is one of our own, Amelia Spark.”

This coursed an out riot with half of the pack, mostly teenager, voicing their negative option. And the other half, mostly adults, casting their eyes to the ground or looking for a way out.

They know what is going to happen, they know that Alpha Stone is going to call them out on what they have done.

Alpha Stone and the Elders spent all afternoon, night and into the early morning discussing what they wanted to do. They are going to announce the result at this meeting, neither Zithanial or I, know the answer.

“Quiet!” Alpha Stone’s voice boomed, the room simmered down but people were still on edge.

Zithanial draws me in front of him, away from his protective wall, and wraps his arms tightly around me. “Don’t worry Angel, I’ve got you.” He whispers in my ear. The tension I didn’t know I held, slowly melted away.

“Something that has been going on for many years, has come to my attention. How I haven’t known about this going on, bewilders me!”

It ‘bewilders’ me too. My Wolf grumbles.

Ssshh, I need to listen right now.

Whatever. She says before staying quiet again.

“But I will find out how this has happened later, for now I want to know why? And then I will deliver the punishment.” Alpha Stone eyes very one in the room, waiting for someone to stand up and confess. Apparently they were taking too long, “Well then, I didn’t know that my Pack was so cruel, I am very disappointed. Not just in you but in myself, obviously I haven’t been much of a leader to my Pack and shown them the rights and wrongs of treating a fellow were’.” Alpha Stone spits out. In that case,” His eyes turn to a scared looking Saxon. “Care to shied some light on the matter? Why don’t you come up to the stage and explain to me why you felt the need to torment Amelia.”