Chapter 6

Amelia’s POV

It’s him. It’s my Mate. Our Mate. My Wolf whispers. I have one, I have a Mate, even when everyone else said I wouldn’t get one. I have someone to spend the rest of my life with. Someone to love me.

Green eyes, is what I get lost in. They are amazing, so unique. I have only seen that colour once before on Zitha—

No it can’t be. My Mate can’t be Zithanial, things like that just don’t happen to. 

I suddenly hear a growl and it snaps my out of whatever trance I was just in. I look to the right of Zithanial and see Saxon standing here fuming. You could practically see comical red exclamation marks and puffs coming of his head.

Oh no, Saxon is Zithanial’s friend, Saxon would have probably already told him to kick me out because no one likes me. 

But more importantly, Saxon is going to kill me for being late and disrupting him. 

Just as I think this I see Saxon taking a predatory step towards me.

“Stop!” A growl comes from my Mate.

Saxon freezes in his place. “But She,” He spits out, “Is what I wanted to talk to you about. She is the scum I want gone out of my Pack.”

“My pack?!” Zithanial shouts. “This is not Your pack. This is my pack and I would watch how you speak to me. I was already warmed you once.” He growls to Saxon as he slow walks with his back to me as he speaks to Saxon.

“But- but she does not belong here!” Saxon roars .

“Yes she does, she is my Mate! And you will never talk to her like that again. Do I make myself clear? Cause if not, it maybe you that doesn’t belong here.” Zithanial says in a low voice, he is defending me. My Mate is defending me, I am feeling ecstatic at this moment, but I don’t safe show it on the outside.

“Mate?” Saxon whispers in shock.

“Do I make myself clear?” Zithanial repeats again.

Saxon teared his eyes from me and focused on Zithanial again. “Yeah,” Saxon says simply.

My breaths are slow and shallow and Zithanial, the boy who has never said or don’t anything hurtful to me, turn his body towards me. He is only about a metre away from me but Zithanial covers that in a quick step. I have to lean my head back to look at his face because to his towering frame.

This is the moment I have been waiting for. The moment he rejects me. I may have gotten a Mate, but that still doesn’t mean he is going to reject me.

But he just stood up for us. If he was going to reject us then why did he stand up for us? My Wolf asks me.