Chapter 16

I watched as Adrain's body impacted the ground, his head cracking against the ground making me cringe at the pain it must have coursed. But that must be nothing to the pain of the bullet that speared through his body. And judging by the there being no exit hole, the bullet must still be inside him.

Oh please not make it be a sliver bullet.

Zithanial pulled my body behind him, hiding me from the sight.

All around me there was screams and shout of helplessness.

As soon as the gun was fired, Warriors from the pack leap into action and subdued the furious Saxon who was still waving the gun in his hand and Tiffany who was trying to sneak out the side.

Saxon was tacked by the Warriors, you could hear the cracking of bones was he was buried beneath them. He may not have died but he is going to wish he did

I don't know what happened to Tiffany at that moment, to turned my attention to my brother who was laying bleeding on the floor.

I don't know what it was, but something in me sprang to life and I rushed over next to the pack doctor and took a hold of Adrian's hand.

It hurt me inside to watch the pain Adrian was in etch upon his face as it twisted in agony.

Adrian gasp for breath as blood flowed out of his mouth in bubbles, I felt so sick at the sight.

I felt Zithanial's presents coming up behind me as I watch on the pack Doctor applying pressure to the wound whilst shouting orders to the medical team around him. Zithanial knelt down beside me offering his strong body for support, I lent against him trying to allow his presents to calm my nerves.

But is wasn't working. I followed the Doctor's every moment, under my watchful eye they placed a white stretcher underneath him that was instantly soaked in blood.

The team lifted his body and slowly started moving towards the exit of the hall. Subconsciously my own feet started following them but a tug on my hand stopped me.

I looked up at Zithanial confused, "Let the Doctor deal with Adrain, they'll do their job well." Zithanial pulls my body towards his and wraps his arms around me. "Right now you need looking after beautiful. Let's get you cleaned up."

Looking down at my blood soaked hands I realise that Zithanial is right. My body starts shaking as the trauma sets in, I still don't want to leave Adrain's side. I turn my head and look at the commotion around me, there are little ones clinging to their parents, teens gossiping in small groups and parents shaking their heads at the mess. All of them parting as the medical crew wall out the door with Adrain.

"This is their job honey, now let me do mine and take care of you." Zithanial gentle takes both of my hands and starts walking backwards to the door we entered through. Once again the crowd parts and stares at us as we go. When the door shuts behind me I can distantly hear Alpha Stone's voice calling for everyone to calm down and exit the hall.

It's all still a blur as I am lead to our room. Adrain got shot. He got shot saving me. This is what a good brother would do. He said that he wanted to repay me for what he had done, this is certainly payment.

And, and Saxon is dead, my life tormentor is gone. Given I don't wish that he had to die to go, but is gone one the less. I still don't know what happened to Tiffany, God knows what the she-demon tried to do.

Now that just leaves Zithanial and I.

I am brought out of my phase when I feel a tug on my shirt and immediately moved my hands do. I looked quickly up into Zithanial's eyes, I was about to ask what on Earth does he think he was doing but he beat me to it. "You need a bath, let me help you."

-----------------------------------------
I'm aware it is short.
Good? Bad? Vote? Comment?