chapter 27

"Road trip" Lorraine chuckled as they got into the car on their way to the beach house.

Dylan was wearing casual pants and a pullover that showed his broad shoulders and muscles in perfect places.

He looked so hot. . .

Lorraine wore a simple flowery dress and sandals.

Just as they were about driving out of the estate, a car drive in and parked.

Xander, Kyle and Eliza popped out of the car and Dylan widened his eyes. "What the hell?" He muttered.

"What are y'all doing here" he demanded and Lorraine got out of the car too.

"We found out you were having a mini vacation and decided to tag along" Eliza shrugged.

"Who told you?" Dylan sighed exasperatedly

"I kinda did" he heard a little voice behind him and he swiveled back "but I didn't tell them to come" Lorraine chuckled in her defense.

"This was meant to be a little get away from all of you, just for me and my wife... And the baby" Dylan frowned

"C'mon," Xander smirked "it'll be fun and you know it" he chuckled when Dylan rolled his eyes.

"I doubt that" Dylan huffed and got back into the car "I don't believe you, woman" he shook his head at his wife as she waved at Kyle.

"It just might be fun" she shrugged with a chuckle.

***

Dylan looked ahead and said "there's a check point, it's going to take a while because this road is really busy" he sighed and rested his head

He notices Lorraine's silence and looked at her "are you alright?" he asked moving closer to check me.

She nodded briefly and didn't take her eyes off the road.

He held her face softly and made her look at him "I'm so sorry George hurt you, I know you still think about it and so do I. He's a bastard and I'll hit him where it'll hurt the most" he said with a stern look "I would make him regret ever hurting you, I assure you. You'll be just fine, Raine, I love you so much" he said reassuringly looking into her eyes, hypnotising her with his gaze, mesmerising her with his words showing her he really cares about her.

She nodded in his hands. "I trust you" she said, and as though that's all he needed. He closed the gap between them and kissed her.

He kissed her like it was her first time, making her have temporary amnesia of all that had happened.

Regardless of all the crap that had happened, the intensity of their kiss was still strong.

She put her hands around his neck pulling him close, and just when they were about to go all crazy the traffic eased and Xander gave a horn behind them.

Dylan gave a silent growl and rested his head back on the head rest "fuck" he muttered

She felt her face heat up and a million butterflies erupt from the depths of her
stomach.

She Smiled when she saw how frustrated Dylan was because the traffic eased.

She smiled because she was really happy.

"That was fast" Dylan said as he started the car "It usually waits for about twenty minutes"

"Well... we are in luck today" Lorraine mused

***

It was getting dark even though it was just 5pm, Lorraine knew they should have left home earlier than 12pm.

"We're almost there" Dylan said

They would have gotten there earlier though, if it wasn't for the stop over's they had.

Lorraine had a couple of pee breaks and they also had to stop over to buy more snacks as she was going through them fast.

She had said it was all the baby's fault and of course anxiety.

They drove into a street that had tall palm trees in it. There was an open bar at the beach beside a beautiful house

"Is that yours?" she asked gesturing at the house

"nope" Dylan answered with his lips beautifully forming the words with a smirk at the corner of his lips

They drove further on the road passing the lovely trees by the side, she could already smell the freshness of the beach. She could hear a couple of sea shells clashing together following the movement of the soft breeze at the houses they passed by.

Her feet couldn't wait to have the feel of the sand under them

"We're here" Dylan grinned, pulling her out of her fantasies

He drove into a beach that she thought was on another planet. It was like an island of its own secluded from the rest of the world.

She didn't even realize when they left the road and were driving on the sand.

There were rocks at the shore and close to the house too.

The house, well... It was every girls dream of a perfect sand castle.

"All this is yours" she said with widened eyes

"Yup" he smiled

"It's beautiful, you're right, I love it"

They got out of the car and that's when she saw the house fully.

It was so beautiful.

They parked their cars at the side close to the rocks and started bringing their bags down.

They walked up the stairs and then to the lovely front porch.

They went inside the house and Lorraine saw the living room.

It was lovely.

It had the modern and classy touch all over it.

The vases, sofas, and even the chandelier in the dinning room were modern.

"Come, I'll show you around" Dylan said pulling her hand

"Sure" she smiled as usual and went with him up the stairs.