Chapter 31

"What did Taylor want?” Lorraine ask partly because she was curious and partly because she wanted to change the subject.

Frowning, Dylan releases her and begins to roll up the plans on the table. “It was about George.”

"What about George" she whispers and Dylan shook his head with a scowl.

"He tried escaping prison" he said and Lorraine's heart skip a bit.

"What!"

"He had some of his friends help him and bribed the warden who actually was leading him on" he sighed "the Warden set a trap for him, made him actually escape but got him arrested almost immediately"

"Why did he let him escape in the first place?" Lorraine furrowed her brows

"For his money..." Dylan sighed exasperatedly "let's go home, love. We can take a hot bath together before we let Dane see us" he managed a smile and she noticed his few weeks old stubble.

"I don't believe it but you're right," she glanced down at her full and sore breast. "I really need that bath"

They drive back to the estate and went straight up to their room.

They had stripped their selves of their clothes and soaked in the warm bath.

"Do you think he'll be able to get out again?" Lorraine asked and Dylan who had been looking stressed about the issue sighed.

"He won't" he assured firmly.

She nodded and brushed her fingers against his chin "I like this, but you need to trim it" she gave an exhausted smile.

"I'll just do it tomorrow" he said.

"I can trim it for you tonight" she smirked

"Oh, no" he smiled this time

"You'll look good. I promise not to ruin it" she chuckled

"Lorraine, I love you. But I just can't trust you with this"

Lorraine gasped feigning hurt "I think I feel my motivation spiking" she stood up from the tub and dried up.

She went to the bathroom dresser his things were and took what she needed.

"Lorraine" Dylan drawed her name and she just gave a laugh as she proceeded to trimming his beards.

"You'll look good, I promise" she laughed.

***

Six months after

Lorraine gaze at him, drinking him in as he drives.

He looks casual, cool . . . sexy with his tousled hair, Ray-Bans, pinstripe jacket, white linen shirt, and jeans.

He glances at her and clasps her leg above the knee, his fingers stroking gently. “I’m glad you didn’t change.”

She did slip on a denim jacket and change to flats, but she's still wearing the short
skirt. His hand lingers above her knee. I put my hand on his.

“Are you going to continue to tease me?”

“Maybe.” Dylan smiles.

“Why?”

“Because I can.” He grins, boyish as ever.

“Two can play at that game,” she whisper.

His fingers move tantalizingly up her thigh.

“Bring it on, Mrs. Walker.” His grin broadens.

She pick up his hand and put it back on his knee. “Well, you can keep your hands to yourself.”

He smirks. “As you wish, Mrs. Walker”