chapter 19

During the night, Lorraine woke a few times, always with the weight of Dylan's arm circling around her waist or his fingers caressing her skin.

Her exhausted sleep through out the night gave way to her eyes being blurred in the morning and a headache that was off the scale. Add to that was her typical lack of appetite and embarrassment that Dylan saw her weeping in the middle of a bathroom floor surrounded by useless boxes of condoms and pregnancy tests, she didn't think things would get worse.

But then she remembered she was pregnant.

Her bladder forced her away from Dylan's arms and from the comfort of the warm bed, he didn't move when she slid from their bed and sprinted into the bathroom.

Somewhere in the night Dylan must have cleaned up the mess she made, the boxes were all gone, or probably kept somewhere like in the trash can where she won't see them. Good, she mused. She didn't want to see anything that disturbing for as long as she lived. 

In the mirror she noticed the dark circles under her eyes, her hair stuck out in a few places and she was still in the pyjamas she wore the night before.

What a mess.

Forcing herself away from her reflection, Lorraine took her time with a hot shower. As her thoughts slowly shifted to what would happen between her and Dylan, she
Forced them away.

She worked through every part of their relationship with him and did her best to keep her emotions on a tight leash. This pregnancy isn't something either of them had wanted.

But it was.

Lorraine knew she couldn't give away a child, or worse, terminate It. She was a responsible adult, not a teenager without options.

She headed retired to the back of her head has she left the shower.

Some cream on her face, some gel under her eyes and she felt nearly human not like a zombie anymore.

When she exited the bathroom In a fluffy bathrobe, she expected to find Dylan still sleeping.

He wasn't.

Still in the rumpled clothes he'd slept in, he stood over a small tray he brought up from the kitchen. Lorraine noticed coffee, milk and juice with a couple of plates. On the serving plates were saltine crackers, toast, and a little bowl of jelly, on the side was a bunch of grapes.

"What is this?"

Dylan caught her elbow and encouraged her to sit. A soft smile met the corners of his mouth as he took the chair behind her "Pregnant women in their first trimester usually start their day with an healthy breakfast in order to settle their stomachs"
He reported to Lorraine as if he was reading from a textbook.

"And where did you learn this?"

"Last night, when you slept, I used my phone for something better than checking for latest market numbers. I brought coffee, but the articles I read said you'll probably not want it" he pushed the one glass of milk on the tray toward her "but milk is a must for you and the baby"

With the word baby, Lorraine felt tears sting her eyes again, so far she'd only look at what was happening to her as a pregnancy.

And even that changed everything "This is so sweet"

"That's me, Mr sweet"

"Dylan" she started

"Wait" he grasped her hand and bent down beside her "we have a lot to talk about, but right now let's not think about it. You need to eat and I really could use a shower" his thumb stroked the inside of her wrist as he spoke.

"But—"

He placed a finger over her lips "shhhh. . ."

Lorraine nodded agreeing to hold off their impeding conversation.

Dylan smiled and stood. But before leaving he placed his lips on hers for a tense kiss.

Maybe everything would work out.

Hello y'all,

I'm so sorry  for the short update I'm really busy with studying right now, but I really love writing so I'll just reschedule my time and make sure I write more.

Thanks for reading my book and please don't forget to click the little star  below your page and comment.

Bye, love y'all 😍.