Chapter 10: Avengers Assemble

Several months since Steve rejoined the land of the living S.H.I.E.L.D thought of an idea, to bring together a group of all the remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. So when the world needed them, they could fight the battles, that normal people never could.

It was called the Avengers Initiative, and it was people with unique and remarkable abilities. Tony, Steve, Jacqueline, Clint and Natasha were all included in this group, as well as the remarkable scientist Bruce Banner, who was exposed to much gamma radiation and turns into a green killing machine when he is angry. With all of their skills combined it was thought they could save the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacqueline sighs before walking toward the glass cell that now held the Norse god of mischief, Loki.

"So you're there almighty human they sent to break me," Loki taunts

"So you're there almighty human they sent to break me," Loki taunts. "There really is no need, your friend Natasha already tried to scare me."

Loki had caused S.H.I.E.L.D quite a bit of trouble last summer when he and his brother, Thor, the god of Thunder decided to settle a sibling spat in the small town of Galisteo, New Mexico, and practically uprooted it.

After there spat the gods went back to their home in Asgard, however Loki escaped and came back to Earth. Stealing the Tesseract, an unlimited sustainable energy source, from S.H.I.E.L.D, which Howard Stark had found years before looking for Steve in the arctic. In the process Loki managed to brainwash Clint as well as the scientist Dr. Selvig.  The team met Thor when he tried to stop Jacqueline, Steve, and Tony from taking Loki to the headquarters. The group got off to a rocky start with the god of thunder but came to an understanding that Loki needed to be stopped and that the Tesseract was dangerous and unstable.

The reason for Loki's earth appearance was to get out of his brother Thor's shadow and he thought the way to do that was to conquer and rule Earth. It didn't work out to well, which was the reason he was in the glass cell.

"I'm not here to break you," Jacqueline rolls her eyes, "You can't break an already broken person."

"Oh you might not be able too but that doesn't mean I can't" Loki smirks, "Let's talk about those 3 months after your brother's death. You were a rogue agent." Jacqueline pales at his words which only makes Loki want to go on, "If I'm right it was like a switch was turned on and all you saw was red. And correct me if I am wrong you kill... what was it? 450 in the span of 3 months? At least more than half were innocent lives."

Jacqueline gulps, "How do you know that?"

"My dear I know everything. And you parading around like the poster child of humanity is pathetic because it's one big lie. You are no better than anyone else, you're not higher up than everyone else so get off your goddamn pedestal." Loki spats. "You are just as bad as I am."

Jacqueline stands there with her mouth open in shock, like she had been just slapped across the face. "You're right you know. We are alike."

Loki stares at the super soldier in shock that she actually agrees with him. Jacqueline takes the silence as a sign to continue, "We both have done some awful things and follow in the shadow of an older brother. I hate it, growing up I always had to look out for Steve take care of him, and no matter how hard I worked it never compared to Steve's patriotic persona." Jacqueline pauses, "But there's a difference between you and me. I did bad things, and I know that but I own up to my actions and take responsibility for them. Which makes me a better person then you will ever be."