Chapter 3: Super Soldier #1

Bucky had been in the army for a total of 4 days and it was a lot harder than he originally thought. He missed Steve and Jacqueline terribly as they were the only two things that helped get him through the rigorous training of bootcamp.

After a long day of training Bucky was almost too tired to notice the envelope on his bed.  It wasn't until he sat on the bed did he notice it.

"Hey look at that Barnes got a letter from his sweetheart." Bucky's fellow soldier, Timothy Dugan but everyone called him Dum Dum, announces.

Bucky rolls his eyes with a smile as the rest of his unit whistles and teases in response

Bucky rolls his eyes with a smile as the rest of his unit whistles and teases in response. He tore open the envelope and smiled widely once he recognizes the big loopy writing. It was from his Jackie, and it made his heart ache at the thought of her. Once he finished reading the letter, his mind was at ease knowing she was okay, where ever she was. However he was a little weary of Howard Stark. Bucky had seen Howard at the expo and heard about him in the newspapers. The celebrity was known for his flirty and playboysih manner, not to mention his increasing wealth. Bucky worried that Jackie would realize he didn't have all that fame and money and that she would leave him. Quickly dismissing that thought he asked if anyone had a pen and paper so he could write his Jay Bird a response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week at the base seemed to fly by with Jacqueline solving formulas to complete the serum. They were coming close and Jacqueline couldn't wait for it to be finished, because once it was then the allies were one step closer to winning the war. After a long day of work Jacqueline wanted to do nothing more then to take a shower and go to bed . A envelope taped on her door, however woke her up, smiling widely she took it off and entered her room. Jacqueline flopped on her bed, open the envelope carefully.

Hey Jay Bird,

You know I hate being called James, but coming from you it sounds nice. I am doing okay here, they're working me hard but I'll live. I am actually top of my unit. I am sure the other scientists feel just as intimidated by you as you do of them. Don't let them make you feel dumb because you're not dumb. You're smart and beautiful and so many other things that I can't describe.

I am glad you found a friend in Peggy. It's nice to know you're taken care have and have someone to be there for you when Steve and I can't be. And as for this Howard Stark fellow he better keep his hands to himself, even if he's a celebrity. You're mine Miss Jacqueline Rose Rogers and I am yours, and if that can't get through his celebrity sized head of his I won't mind coming over and roughing him up a bit. I know I don't have the money and fame that  Stark has but I love you, and you mean the world to me. I would be lost without you.

Remember one day,

Your Dearest James

There was a knock at her door that broke Jacqueline out of her dreamy state. She walks over to the door and opens it up to find Peggy standing there. Jacqueline invites her in and they sit on her bed.