Chapter 5: The Howling Comandos

Bucky liked to think he was doing fairly well in the army. He was a good leader and made a friend of everyone in his unit, so when the 107th got captured by Hydra he felt extremely guilty. He was almost glad when two Hydra soldiers came in and took him away. It was better it was him instead of one of the other soldiers.

Bucky was taken to a room with nothing but a metal chair. He was forced into it and strapped down much to the struggle of Bucky. He thrashed around trying to break free until one of the soldiers stuck a syringe into Bucky's neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bucky woke up confused and in a great deal of pain. His mind was foggy but he remembered bits and flashes. Needles, lots of them, along with knives, and assortment of other things used for torture. Bucky also recalled a Doctor, short and wore classes. He injected Bucky with something, although it didn't seem to have any effects. The whole time he was being tortured Bucky only thought of one thing, or person that is. His Jay Bird how he wanted so much to hold her in his arms and kiss her. He missed her an awful lot and he be damned if he was going to die out her without seeing her. He promised her one day and he was damn sure going to keep it. Even if it meant being drugged and tortured a little longer. His head was foggy as he thought of his love back home. Bucky was so out of it that he didn't notice his childhood friend walk into the room. He kept mumbling Sergeant. 3-2-5-5-7. He didn't realize Steve was even there until he started to untie him.

"Steve?" Bucky asks groggily.

This couldn't be his friend. His friend was short and back in Brooklyn. This man couldn't possibly be Steve. Maybe the stuff they injected in Bucky was making him see things.

Bucky however wasn't seeing things as Steve helped him stand. He held him by his shoulder and checked for any visible injuries on Bucky. "I thought you were dead." Steve mumbles after a while.

"I thought you were smaller." Bucky blurts out.

Hearing gunshots Steve looks around the room. His eyes landing on a map of the Hydra bases. He studies it for a second longer before helping Bucky get out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacqueline had not heard from Bucky in 2 weeks and it was driving her mad. Not to mention Steve , better known as Captain America, was supposed to be at the base trying to give some relief to the troops. Captain America became Steve's stage name as he went out to promote the war efforts with the Senator.  Jacqueline had planned to talk to him after his show but he had mysteriously disappeared. When she asked Peggy about it the next day the redhead simply brushed her off and claimed to have SSR work she had to attend to.

Frustrated Jacqueline marched over to the only person she knew she could get information from. Once she found him she pulled him away from everyone by his ear.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Jack let me go!" Howard cries. Once far enough away Jacqueline let go of the scientist. "What was that for?" He questions rubbing his ear.

"Where's Steve!" She demands.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Howard stammers looking at the ground.

"Cut the B.S Howard. You're a bad liar and everyone knows it."

"Fine! Steve went to go save your boyfriends unit. Behind enemy lines, a suicide mission if you ask me."

"What?!" Jacqueline screeches.

Howard's face pales, "Shit I shouldn't have told you that."

With fire in her eyes Jacqueline storms up towards the Colonel Phillips' tent. She didn't get very far though as there were a mob of people in the way. There was cheering and clapping which Jacqueline didn't understand why. Huffing she shoved her way through the crowd of men before reaching the center to see what all the fuss was about. She soon stopped short once she saw who was in the middle of the circle.