Chapter 18: Can You Feel the Love Tonight

"So is this date fancy? Casual? Somewhere in between?" Natasha asks filing through Jacqueline's closet.

"Um? I don't know?" Jacqueline shrugs.

Wanda sighs "Did he say anything about this date?"

"Uh he said he'd pick me up at 7." Jacqueline shrugs.

"You're killing me smalls," Natasha mumbles, "I'll be back. Wanda help this poor child while I go interrogate Barnes about this date."

Natasha leaves and Jacqueline flops on her bed. "Back in the forties I could just throw on a dress and go on a date but now it's seems so complicated."

"Tell me about your first date." Wanda says smiling.

Jacqueline smile, sitting up, and begins her story, "Well I was 21 and Bucky was 23 and he took me to Coney Island..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buck where are we going?" Jacqueline laughs as Bucky leads her to the cab with his hands over Jacqueline's eyes.

"Just wait doll." Bucky says helping Jacqueline into the cab, "It's a surprise."

"Bucky even though I may be blind I know the smell of a New York Cab." Jacqueline states, "This surprise better be worth it if I have to keep my eyes close for the rest of the drive."

"It'll be worth it," Bucky says, "In the meantime I'll keep you company."

During the drive Bucky told Jacqueline stories from when they were children and described the scenery to her. "And we are pulling in now." Bucky states.

"Does that mean I can look now?" Jacqueline asks excitedly.

"Yes. Doll open your eyes."

Jacqueline opens her eyes and squeals, "Bucky you took me to Coney Island!" Jacqueline exclaims quickly getting outta the cab.

Bucky follows his excited date out of the cab, with a smile on his face, and heads to the booth to pay for tickets. The rest of the day is spent with the couple riding rides, laughing, enjoying each other's company, and Bucky wasting at least half of his money on winning a stuffed bear for Jacqueline.

"Thank you." Jacqueline smiles holding the bear to her chest.

"It's getting late and I have enough tickets for one last ride." Bucky states, "So what will it be milady?"

" Bucky states, "So what will it be milady?"