Chapter 16

This is in CONNOR'S POV!

................................................................................................................................................

I’m going to sort this out for her once and for all; it was killing me just watching her go through this, so experiencing it must be tearing her apart.

The thought of the pain she must be going through sent my stomach into knots, why her? She is the kindest, beautiful and giving person I have ever met; why do bad things always have to happen to good people.

I could feel the blood pulsing through my veins as I got angrier and angrier, no one hurts my Sarah the way he has and gets away with it.

I parked my car just at the bottom of the road and simply waited.

I knew he walked this way, I’m sure Sarah had mentioned it before. I’d replayed the conversations we’d had over and over in my head. I seriously don’t know how much longer I could hold this up, I knew I couldn’t be with her but every ounce of my being was telling me I couldn’t live without her either.

I had planned on asking her to get back with me when she leaves school, when we wouldn’t have to keep it secret, but with this insane need to protect and love her I don’t know if I’ll last that long.

No, she deserve to have someone that can show her off, that can tell the world how much he wants this girl, which is why I have to keep these unorthodox feelings to myself for as long as possible.

I sighed running my hands through my hair; it had reached half past seven so he should be due in the next half an hour. I wriggled in my seat trying to figure out a plan, I shook my head in frustration; I didn’t have the first clue what I was going to do I just knew that Sarah’s pain from this man was going to stop tonight…No matter what.

Time was ticking on and I was starting to get nervous, I knew I would have to control my anger, but I also knew that if he started being cocky about what he’s done to Sarah it’s going to be near impossible.

I squinted into the distance as I saw a figure heading towards me, this had to be him no one else would be walking in this direction at this time, too much of a coincidence. But just to make sure…

‘Sam.’ I bellowed. He looked up.

It was him.

I took a deep breath promising myself that as much as this guy deserved it, I would not lose it with him then I climbed out of my car.

‘Can I help you mate?’ He asked, sounding all innocent, he made me want to be sick.

‘Yeah you can, you need to turn around, walk away and never bother that family again.’ I spoke firmly but allowed the anger to come through in my voice. He needed to know I meant what I said.

He laughed.

This twisted dickhead actually just laughed in my face.

That’s it, the last ounce of self-control left my body, and I pulled my fist back landing it square on his nose.

He stumbled backwards losing his balance, while a hand shot up to his now broken and spouting blood nose.

‘What the- Who the-‘he started.

‘That doesn’t matter, all that matters is that I know what goes on in that house, yeah with Sarah. I know. So you leave now or I will make your life absolutely hell, just like you have done to her.’ I spoke intentionally menacingly.

His went as white as a sheet when I mentioned Sarah which just made me angrier, he clearly thought she was going to keep quiet like when she was younger.