Chapter 7

We just drove for a while, it was a comfortable silence but I wanted it to end, I wanted to know what he had to say to me and why he was getting so frustrated at Connor. It just didn’t make any sense to me, I mean Connor has blatantly said we are not together anymore and nothing will happen again, then he kissed me, then he asked me to leave. And now there’s his brothers acting all mysterious. It’s like everyone seems to know something I don’t, well I’m sick of been the one that isn’t in the know.

‘What’s up sexy?” Alex asked grinning. Wow, he really was a ladies man! I chuckled to myself naively.

“All this stuff going on is just really messing with my head, everything’s turning to shit and I don’t know If I can deal with feeling rejected, dirty and well…just unwanted again.

“Again?” He questioned me curiously. I simply shook my head and he knew not to probe further, if I hadn’t told his brother about my…father. He definitely wasn’t going to find out any time soon, if ever. But I realised I needed to say something so he didn’t think it was a weird boyfriend problem.

“It’s not the way you’re thinking,” I started. “It wasn’t a boyfriend thing. I felt that needed to tell you that bit, but I just don’t want to talk about that anymore Alex, it’s just too painful.” I paused for a moment, he nodded his head then didn’t say anything else.

I guess as usual, it was down to me to make the first move, I didn’t want to seem really desperate though. So I left it for a while longer, hoping he would start to talk about it.

He didn’t. Of course, so I did.

“So, can you please just tell me what you meant when you said that I was blind, and that Connor was being an arse?" I said lightly, pretending it had just occurred to me then.

“Oh Come on! Your telling me you seriously don’t know, you’re not that dim are you Sarah?”

An evil smirk appeared across his face as he noticed my irritated expression, he was clearly going to enjoy this as much as he could, until he gave in and told me, or I throttled him in frustration.

“Hey! I’ll have you know I’m very smart actually!” I replied trying to sound unfazed by his remark.

“Oh, so your one of them girls”

“What?”

“The kind that are really academically smart but have absolutely no common sense?” he sniggered.

I really wasn’t in the mood for this.

“Right if were not gunna talk properly about what I came to talk about, at your command if you remember! Then you can just turn around and take me home” I blurted out angrily.

He was shocked by my reaction he expected me to be some timid little thing, well I guess I usually am but there was something about my feelings for Connor that urged me to find out what Alex wanted to tell me.

“Okay, just don’t tell him or I can guarantee you will never see me again.” I looked at him with a sarcastic look on my face. “I am serious Sarah! I will be dead. I will literally be on the ground, dead.”

He said it so seriously I couldn’t decide whether to believe if he was telling the truth or not, and became slightly nervous of the information he was about to pass on to me.

“I promise” I replied sincerely.

He took a deep breath.

“Connor loves you Sarah.”

He blurted it out fast that I almost missed it. I sat there unable to talk, I couldn’t form a coherent sentence, my head was spinning, what the hell was going on?