Chapter 7

"You're telling me that Mr. Damocles is making you do community service for a week?" Alya protested loudly over the phone.

"Yep," Marinette sighed, holding the cellphone to her right ear while simultaneously twirling her dark hair. Honestly, this punishment wasn't as bad as she expected, considering she performed community service as Ladybug anyways.

Marinette had already explained the details to her best friend over text when she got off school the second Alya shot her one asking what Mr. Damocles had pulled her and Adrien into his office for.

Let's just say, Alya was a little shocked at Adrien for unintentionally getting Marinette in trouble. But the brunette was even more angry at Chloe for causing this mess in the first place, just because she was hurt that Adrien finally told her off.

And, of course, Marinette told her best friend that she willingly took the blame for Adrien.

Alya was unsurprised when she read the text containing this information. Marinette went above and beyond to protect her crush. And like Marinette and Nino, Alya also knew how his father would have reacted to his son should he have gotten in trouble by Mr. Damocles.

"Sorry girl," Alya sighed over the phone, disappointment lacing her voice.

"It's okay," Marinette said, laying on her stomach, her feet swinging back and forth in the air. "If it saved Adrien from getting in trouble then it was worth it."

"You're too good for this world," Alya laughed. "When does your punishment start?"

"Tomorrow morning, right before school," Marinette replied. "I get to pick up trash in the courtyard." Since she already did this as Ladybug during patrol when she wasn't busy busting criminals or fighting akumas, she could cross that off her to-do list. So, in a way, it was a win.

"Okay. Want me to bring you anything?" Alya asked concerningly. "Tea, coffee, an Adrien Agreste modeling magazine...?"

"Nah, I'll be good," Marinette laughed lightheartedly.

"Alright," her best friend said slowly. "Hey, I gotta go. My mom needs help prepping dinner. Talk to you later!"

"Bye," Marinette replied, ending the call. She smiled at her best friends quirky attitude. Even when Marinette was feeling down, Alya was always there to pick her back up.

Marinette rolled out of bed, stretching her muscles, and decided to take a little nap before dinner. 

*

Chloe crossed her arms, sitting stubbornly on her couch. Sabrina sat nearby, obediently waiting for Chloe's next move like a puppy.

"I just don't understand, Sabrina," Chloe whimpered. "Adrien really hurt my feelings yesterday."

"I know, Chloe," Sabrina frowned. "He shouldn't have been so mean to you."

"I just want him and I to be friends. That's it," Chloe replied. "And for him to get away from that toxic Louise."

Sabrina twiddled her fingers nervously as she said her next words. "Are... you sure Louise is really that bad Chloe? I-I mean she might be really nice but you may be just... you know..."

"Sabrina!" Chloe raised her voice, causing the softspoken girl to jump in shock. The blonde breathed out calmly, regaining her cool. "I told you. Louise looked me straight in the eye and literally told me she was going to get rid of Adrien in order to rule the modeling industry!!"

Sabrina blinked, processing Chloe's words, when a smile began tugging at her lips. "Are... you sure? That sounded like a bit out of a kids movie... The evil, drop dead gorgeous beauty dates the hot guy just for the publicity. Really Chloe?"