Chapter 4

Ladybug climbed off the railing of her balcony and flew towards the park using her yoyo. She swung high above Adrien and went over to Chloe.

She pounced on the ground and immediately gave the blonde a disappointed glare.

Chloe's eyes lit up and she smiled. "Ladybug! I am so glad to see you!"

The superheroine was not in the mood. She crossed her arms.

"What's going on here?" Ladybug asked authoritively.

Chloe's smile faded away but she did not divulge her plan. She instead played dumb. "What do you mean?"

"Why are you hiding behind this tree and eyeing Adrien Agreste down?" Ladybug pushed, itching to say something about the plan they had discussed earlier, but for obvious reasons, she has to pretend like she doesn't know.

"I'm here to pick him up afterwards," Chloe shrugged. "His bodyguard isn't available and Adrien's father trusts me the most."

Ladybug smirked, tilting her head. "What about his assistant?"

Chloe crossed her arms, already knowing the details to her cover-up. "She's busy assisting Gabriel on his modeling campaign in Shanghai."

Ladybug blinked. She had an excuse for everything. "Are you sure, Chloe? You aren't lying to me."

Chloe looked extremely uncomfortable, shifting her eyes to the side. She hated lying to her idol, but she needed to prove to Adrien that Louise was a leech!

"Yep I'm sure," Chloe coughed finally.

Ladybug sighed, looking away. She didn't believe Chloe at all, but if Ladybug pushed for anymore information, Chloe would suspect something. "Very well, have a nice night."

Ladybug threw her yoyo in the air and was prepared to fly away when Chloe called out to her. "Wait!"

Ladybug looked over her shoulder.

"I lied, okay," Chloe mumbled. "I'm here because I'm trying to prove to Adrien that his girlfriend is using him. She's a total leech!"

Ladybug smiled. She was proud that Chloe came around. Eventually.

She inched up to the blonde and pointed to Adrien across the park. "You don't have to do it like this. You'd be hurting Adrien, too."

"I know, but Louise is going to hurt him in the long run..." Chloe said, genuinely ashamed. "I know her for who she truly is. She's mean. Like, way meaner than I am. And that's really mean."

Ladybug chuckled in her head. She had never seen this side of Chloe before. A softer, genuine side. It surprised her.

"Then talk to Adrien," Ladybug suggested. "You two have been best friends for a long time. UH-- I mean, I guess you have!"

"You're right," Chloe murmured, crossing her arms. She looked up at Ladybug. "...Thanks."

"No problem," Ladybug smiled, giving her a thumbs up.

Chloe then gasped, looking towards Adrien. "Oh no!"

Ladybug turned around quickly, on high alert. Was someone hurt?

Then she understood why Chloe was shocked.

Louise was approaching Adrien.

"I forgot I had scheduled the text to be sent 10 minutes ago!" Chloe whimpered, checking her watch. "And now she's here!"

Ladybug's stomach turned. "Oh no."

"I can fix this!" Chloe panicked. "I just need to tell her to leave..."