Profile

Name: Hinata (Adachi) Masshiro

Age: 18

Height: 213 cm (7 ft.)

Skin color: pale, slightly rosy

Eye color: red, but has no whites, the whites are black.

Hair color: Black, fades into a bright orange.

Hairstyle: long, goes a bit past his shoulder blades. Half of his head is shaved.

Likes: quiet, foods, sweets, baking, music.

Dislikes: bullying the weak, not being able to please others, messing up, forgetting.

Personality: passive aggressive, sweet, sassy, caring, can be cold hearted, can be aggressive, very humble.

Hobbies: playing the piano, playing volleyball with Shōyō, playing music with Miyabi.

Fashion: mostly dark clothing, always has a pair of metallic red headphones with him. He has a lot of piercings, 29 in total. One lip ring, two studs on both his temples, 4 rings and 3 studs in his left eyebrow, 6 rings and 6 studs in his left ear, 4 rings and 3 studs in his right ear.

Other stuff: Masshiro is blind, he has photographic memory, now he can remember by feeling or hearing something. He is fluent in Korean, Japanese, English, and Russian. Miyabi is his doctor.

Back story

When I was younger, I was told I was going to do remarkable things. I didn't understand then, but now I do. I have Eidetic memory, better known as photographic memory. When I was around 10 it...kicked in, I guess. In a few months I went through what my teacher could teach me, so I was sent a grade up, and another, and another, until I was in the high school system.

Over the course of the next two years I started to get bullied. It was always high schoolers, high schoolers that were pissed about a 12-year-old being in their class, or them being pissed about me being in the gym. At first it was just verbal, them making fun of me for my looks, my height, my ear piercings, petty things like that. Then it went to shoving, it was very little considering they didn't want to get in trouble, but the volleyball players, they held no mercy. They would throw stuff at me, hide everything, shred my homework, trip me, but I kept going, I didn't give up, I continued to play. Then it went to the cliché thing of shoving me into the lockers and taking my money. But it just kept...escalating. I didn't know how to protect myself at the time, so I was just a victim.

A few days after I had turned 13 my eyes changed. I was walking home from school, a scarf wrapped around my neck and mouth. It was silent, oddly, besides the crunch of the snow under my boots. When I walked in front of an alley I was pulled inside. There was a hand over my mouth, and an arm was around my chest, pinning my arms down. I struggled until I was thrown against one of the walls, my head hitting it with a sickening crack. I could see the person in front of me flinch at the noise, but they did nothing to help me, quite the opposite actually. With a dead look in his eyes he kicked me in the chest, then my sides. This went on for a while, the kicks continued until I couldn't feel it. And then I could, all at once. It was like fire, just a painful burning.

I could feel myself crying, tears trailing down my cheeks, sobs making my shoulders shake. I guess I had annoyed my captor as there was a sharp blow to my head, then another, and another. I had lost count at some point, passing out with the blow count being around 6 or 7.

When I woke up I was freezing. There was snow around my body, some of it dyed red. It was still dark, but there seemed to be a shadow over my body. Looking up, I locked eyes with a young lady. Her hair was platinum blond, and her eyes were violet. She was crouched in front of me, her dress getting soaked by the snow. Her hands shook as she took my head into her hands, wiping away dried tears and blood.

She introduced herself as Miyabi, a 26-year-old Japanese-Russian doctor from, well, Russia. She patched me up the best she could at the time and let me call my parents. 20 minutes later I was being fussed over by my mother while my father thanked Miyabi. Everything was good, up until later, when I opened my eyes, that is. Turns out the guy who beat me up had hit a few, okay a lot, of nerves causing them to change color. Miyabi told us she specialized in this stuff, the trauma that caused this, and asked to bring me to the hospital she was working at, so she could check my eyes. After that she just became my normal doctor, and my best friend.

It wasn't until I was 15 that anything bad happened. I hit puberty normally, I grew normally, if you can call my height normal. It seemed that with all the good stuff that had happened in the last two years something bad had to happen. And it did.

My mom, dad, and I were in the car, on our way to the hospital for my checkup. It was a normal day, kinda sunny, mostly cloudy, but it was nice. Or it was, until there was the sound of screeching tires. The sound was accompanied by more screeching, and crashing. Then came the impact. A car had hit us full force from behind, making me lurch forward and hit my head on the dash, causing me to pass out.

When I woke up next, I couldn't see anything, given the bandages over my eyes. There was a weight on the side of my bed, a shifting, sniffling weight. They were crying. I blindly groped off to the side, trying to find them. They yelped, helping me realize it was my cousin Shōyō. I brought him down, wrapping my arms around him, holding him close. I didn't know it then, but this would be my morning routine for the next few weeks.

Nothing truly changed until I had asked where my parents were, making the room go quiet. Miyabi made Shōyō and Aunt Hinata, leave. When Miyabi told me that my parents were dead I threw a fit, no...not a fit, it didn't even have that much dignity. It was a tantrum, I refused to believe that the accident that had taken my sight had taken the lives of my parents. I was silent for the next few days, refusing to talk, until Shōyō told me that Aunt Hinata was going to take me in, making me his brother. In that moment I was oddly overjoyed. I started to cry, soiling my eye bandages.

When I was let out of the hospital everything just...clicked. It was almost like I could cope with the loss of my parents, but I couldn't. To ease the pain I got more piercings, something my mom had thought were cool, and I spent more time studying Martial Arts, something my dad had been teaching me. By the time Shōyō had caught on there was no stopping it. With my photo-genic memory I could master and memorize a lot of things, making my life almost easy.

It was easy until Shoyo brought me into the world of volleyball again. I had memorized my moves, but that was when I could see. It was like I was relearning everything again. When I could see I could have been a libero, but now I couldn't even get a decent pass done right. It was almost...thrilling. Unlike before, when I could watch someone do it a few times before doing it myself, I had to do it right to figure out how to do it. It was strange, but I loved it.

Life moved on, I relearned everything. I was 100% healthy. It was a great time, those three years. I was getting myself together, and getting used to living with Shoyo and Aunt Hinata. But then I was thrown into the real world. I had to get a job, and go back to high school. But it was like life was smiling at me. I was out with Miyabi and was offered a job with the police, all I had to do was intimidate some people and I would get payed. They told me it was because of my height, and the 'punk rock' look I had going on. And then Shoyo was accepted into Karasuno High, just as I was.

This is where I got to give myself a name. This is where my life started. This is where I met the love of my life, Sugawara Kōshi.