Chapter 15 : The Real Life Events

Note : Statements enclosed within '#' like '# statement #' are system messages or similar type of messages 

Proofread by Compass96
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You are eighteen now, so I think you are old enough to make your decisions. You have been living alone for two years anyway. I didn’t want to discuss this but I don’t think that an opportunity as good as this will come along anytime soon.”

“Umm, I am sorry. I am not understanding what you’re trying to say Miss Janice.”

*Sigh*

The sigh from Janice was the sign that she was in a good mood. Janice sighed a lot in order to try and show disappointment to hide her happiness.

“Why do you still act like a kid?”

“Hmmpff, I don’t. I am a grown-up now.”

“Alright alright, you are a grown-up. Let’s talk about this later, tell me, how is school going?”

The question was a surprising one. She didn’t expect that she would be asked about her school.

“Well, you know that I don’t have to attend the school because I’ve got all these privileges and so I am just focussing on the exam you know.”

Janice’s face looked furious. Even though she was 39, the make up made her look like a lady in her late twenties. She tried to calm down so that her make up wouldn’t smear.

“So, you are saying that you have been skipping school even though you have had no job, for 2 months?”

“Hehehe, come on now, I did say that I studied.”

“That’s it. You don’t answer my calls, you don’t reply to my text messages, you have been skipping school and you didn’t even tell me that you were coming here today. What if I had stayed at home today?”

“I am sorry, it’s just that I have been real busy these days. But I promise you that I did study a little.”

“A little?”

“Well, I can take my exams online within a span of one month, so I still have time.”

Janice was almost on the verge of losing her calm.
“Damn it, girl! What have you been busy with?”

“I’d rather not tell.”

People would expect someone in Janice’s mood to lose control of herself at that moment after hearing ‘I’d rather not tell’ but she just took a long breath in and out to regain her control. After doing that, she was perfectly in control of herself and her anger.

“Hmm, ok, I understand. However, if it’s a guy, you better tell me now. It’ll become a huge problem if people find out, you may even lose some of your fans.”

Natasha smiled when her agent Janice understood her.

“It’s ok Janice, I’ld definitely tell you something like that. Don’t worry. So, what was that opportunity you were talking about?”

“Well, it’s a TV series. 2 seasons are confirmed. If they do well, they’ll do more seasons. The pay is very very good. They contacted me and want you to be the lead female actress in that show..”

“The lead?”

“Yes, even though you had done pretty good these past couple of years, this will definitely set your career.”

“Hmm, what kind of character am I in the show?”

“Don’t worry, as per your wishes, your character won’t have a single sex scene. So, that’s good right? Everyone in the industry knows that you won’t do a sex scene. So, they don’t ask for you if they need someone to play such parts in the first place. ”