Chapter 19 : The Mountain

Note : Statements enclosed within ‘#’ like ‘# statement #’ are system messages or similar type of messages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worm knew that he wouldn’t get much time anymore those days because of the ongoing war. However, even with all the time spent for the perfect plan to deal with the Fierce Warriors Alliance, he still hadn’t forgotten about Sneha.

Worm knew that it was he who had made her cry that day, not once but twice. He wished to talk to her face to face but unfortunately he just didn’t have the time.

He decided to try something that he had never done. Since he knew that the system in this game world could do almost anything, he gave it a shot.

“System, link my real world mobile number with this world.”

He didn’t expect it, but the system gave a reply.

#

Please enter your cell number with your country code. Note that you can only do this once, so please enter your number carefully. In the case that you enter wrong number or want to change the number, you will have to wait for a week at least.

#

He didn’t understand why there was a waiting time to change the number, especially when the system was this advanced, but he didn’t care. All he had to do was enter the number correctly.

“+919757xxxxxx”

After he was done, a screen popped up in front of him that was the default layout for every phone that was linked with The Sphere. He guessed that this screen would be common for everyone who had linked their phone. The display was similar to an iPhone.

He didn’t have time to check other features and hence went directly to the texting since he had no other option but try to ask for some time from Sneha. Luckily, all his contacts were also imported. He wondered how that was possible.

#

I am sorry for making you cry that day. Trust me, seeing you cry was the last thing that I wanted, especially when you had been trying to get closer to me. I know that I have been rude to you all this time but try to understand that I was bitter because of what Dishita had done to me.

I am Rohit. You see, I haven’t had the best of luck in making friends. The ones who remembered my name, weren’t my friends, but rather some bullies like your ex who enjoyed tormenting me.

Dishita was different. I trusted her but she did what she did and that left a void in me. After that, I couldn’t see you clearly and I ignored everything that you did.

I had wished that you’d stop texting me, I really had. I thought you didn’t matter but after I saw your crying face that day, I realized how much that affected me. I am really sorry to make such a sweet girl cry and I am a fool to not see your feelings.

Now that I do, I would like to talk to you clearly about that but as you know, I play that game and at this moment, I can’t afford to stop playing even for a day. That bitch Dishita is coming to fight us and she is bringing an army with her. I need to plan everything to face her, so could you please wait for 8-10 days?

We will talk after this fight is done, okay?

#

Worm sent the message and he knew that he didn’t write good things about her but in his defense, he didn’t have the time to think much about it and this was all new to him. He wouldn’t even dare to dream that a girl would have feelings for him.