Giving Him All of Me

Edward and I don't leave his room for at least an hour. When we finally make it downstairs, it is to find Rosalie rocking Sylus in her arms as he sleeps, staring at his soft, relaxed face. Esme and Carlisle are standing close by with their arms around each other, also watching Sy. Alice and Jasper are in the corner playing checkers. The scene is so heart warming and content that I almost choke up. But it also gives me an idea. My grandma is getting too old to have to worry about a 6 month old baby every day by herself. She always seems so tired when I get home. Maybe, I should find someone to watch Sylus during the day while I'm at school to give her a break, and I think I know just the person to ask. But I think I should get Edwards view on it first. 

Knowing he can read my thoughts, I decide to try to talk to him using my mind. Instantly his eyes are on my face and he is smiling. Do you think Esme would like to watch Sylus during the day? I think, hoping he can hear me. His eyes are shining as he gives me a small, almost imperceptible nod. 

"Esme..." I begin quietly as not to wake Sylus. 

"Yes Mel?" she asks, turning to look at me. 

"Please, feel free to say no, I know that it is asking a lot and you are probably too busy, and if you say no, I won't blame you at all, I'll totally understand if you don't want to..."I begin to babble in my nervousness and she laughs. 

"Calm down and just ask Mel," she says smiling. 

"Well, my grandma is having a hard time handling Sylus by herself while I'm at school, and I was thinking about getting someone to watch him. Obviously Sylus has fallen in love with all of you and would be comfortable here. Would you like to watch him during the day, if your not busy of course," I finally spit out and by now Rosalie is watching us intently. 

"Oh Mel, I would love to watch Sylus, of course I'm not too busy!" gushes Esme. 

"I can pay you..." I begin but she immediately cuts me off. 

"I would never have it! I want to do this, we are all excited to have the baby here as often as possible," says Esme. 

"Thank you, so much," I tell her. 

"Believe me, it is my pleasure." I can tell she means every word. 

"Hey Rose," says Edward quietly and Rosalie looks up at us again. "Could you watch the baby tonight? We have some stuff we need to do and it may take the rest of the night." 

"Of course, now get out of here, your going to wake him up," says Rosalie and she lifts a pale hand to run the back of her hand over Sylus's cheek. 

"Let's go," says Edward and before I can even say a word, he flings me on his back and we are flying through the forest. 

"Edward, where are we going?" I shout over the wind. I can feel a chuckle shaking him. 

"We are going on a date, isn't that what couples do?" asks Edward. 

Deciding to just let the night play out, I rest my face against his neck, content to just be with him.I love you Edward I think and I can practically feel his smile. 

"I love you too Mel, more than anything," he replies and then it goes quiet. 

When we come to a stop, we are outside Port Angeles at the drive in movie theater, but we are not by the cars. We are about a quarter mile away, in a huge tree with wide branches. Edward Sits down on the branch, his back against the trunk of the tree and then pulls me down into his lap and wraps his arms around me. The night is warm and the contrast of Edward's cool arms feels nice. Then Edward pulls out a small device that looks like a voice recorder and flips it on. A few seconds later we are surrounded by sounds of the movie. We watch together in silence, happy to be alone and together. 

When the movie is over, Edward takes me to get something to eat and then we head back, but instead of going to pick up Sylus, we go to my empty house and up to my room. Now I can feel butterflies bombarding my stomach as we sit on my bed, facing each other. 

"I had a lot of fun tonight Edward," I tell him to break the silence. 

"I'm glad, you needed to have fun. I need to tell you something," he says sounding strained. 

"What?" I ask, nervous. 

"I am going hunting with my siblings on Friday for the night. I will be back Saturday night at the latest," he tells me. 

"Oh, okay. You don't have to rush back. Go and have a good time," I tell him. 

"I don't want to go Mel, I don't want to leave you here unprotected, but I have to go, at least for a little while," he begs for my understanding. And even though I am terrified to have him gone, I know that I can't keep him here, he needs to go hunt. 

"Don't worry Edward, you go have fun. I'll be here when you get back," I say with false enthusiasm. 

"Are you sure?" he asks, looking me in the eye. 

"Yes, you need to go, we'll be fine," I tell him. For a long minute he just watches me, gauging my expression and finally he decides to either believe me or just let it go. 

"You know I love you right?" he says, all the tension gone. 

"Yeah, I know. I love you too," I say and then we are laying together on the bed. His lips are all over and we are smashed together and yet I crave more contact. But before he complies, he pulls back and looks at me. 

"Are you sure?" he asks breathlessly. 

"Absolutely," I tell him, trying to pull him closer, but he has more to say and he is stronger than me. 

"Have you ever...?" he asks. 

"No, never. Cal tried, almost didn't give me a choice in the matter, but somehow I managed to hold him off. Have you?" I ask, almost not wanting to know the answer. 

"Never," he says and then he closes the distance and gives me the contact I crave. 

All I can feel and see and hear is Edward. He surrounds me, his pale skin glowing slightly in the moonlight flooding through my window. He is over me, pressing into me, his lips at my neck, kissing my pulse point then at my collar bone and then the soft spot of my throat. I grip his stone back with sweating hands, muscles shifting under his skin. I can barely breath as stars cloud my vision and I let the passion take over. 

When I wake up in the morning, every muscle is sore, including ones I never even knew I had. I am wrapped up in a blanket and Edward is laying next to me, wearing only black boxer-briefs, his hair is a mess. I smile at him as I roll over to face him. I can tell that I still have nothing on and heat floods my cheeks. Edward's face is practically glowing with happiness as he watches me and when he sees my blush and hears the thoughts behind it, he laughs heartily. 

"Good Morning," he says, still chuckling. 

"Morning," I reply and then the house phone rings, cutting through the silence. 

I jump out of bed, somehow managing to yank my throw blanket off the bed and wrap it around me as I rush down the stairs and into the living room. I pick the phone up on the seventh ring. 

"Hello?" I ask. 

"Melody Strong?" comes a deep male voice on the other end. At this point Edward appears beside me, now wearing a pair of pants. 

"Yes..." 

"I am Officer Hall with the Seattle Police Department. I'm sorry, but it's about your grandmother..."