Chapter 19; Confirmations

*John POV*

Giving Brianna that ring was such a big step for me. Little did she know that i am planning on a full out proposal. I just wanted to see if she still wanted to be with me after all that has happened.

I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman. She means more to me than she could ever know. She has changed my views on having a family and getting married. I am much more open to it now because of her 

After my divorce i had given up on the ideal totally, but losing her over something like this made me rethink my whole approach to everything.

I realized how much i truly value her and the thought of her marrying or even being with someone else sends chills down my spine. i can't have that.

*Brie POV*

As Joe walked away i felt surges of guilt wash over me. I never meant to hurt Joe like this. I know he really liked me and i truly did like him back. Maybe the timing was off or something?

I slowly walked to John's bus and decided to wait for him for after the show. I couldn't be around anyone right now and it just hurt. I know i should be happy that we are together, but am i missing something when it comes to Joe?

I couldn't help but wonder, when it comes to love, is it best to explore all your options before settling down with someone? Or is it better to take your chances and hope you chose right?

I opened the doors to the bus and sat down on our bed. I had been here many times before. John had this bus for years before i came along.

This August would mark our 2 years together and that was in just 2 and a half short months. I began to think about time and how it changes us slowly but surely.

When i was in my early twenties i always thought by the time i was 30, i would be done with wrestling and raising a family. Obviously my life has turned out quite a bit differently than previously expected.

Now that i am almost 31 years old, i hope to have children by 34 or 35 and be married possibly. But with John, i can't hold my breath.

I changed out of my outfit and threw on a pair of nike pros and a comfy t-shirt. I couldn't wait up much longer and before i knew it i was drifting to sleep. 

I awoke by a startling knock at the door. I checked the clock and saw it was only 11:34. I had only been asleep for a little over an hour.

I groggily got up and opened the door to the bus. To my surprise i saw Joe standing there. He looked as confused as i was.

"Joe," i whispered.

"Brianna," he replied as he took my hand. I grabbed my flip flops and phone as he led me outside into the night.

He took me into the Shield's bus. He sat down across from me on the couch. "What did you need to talk to me about?" i asked.

"I can't do this," he admitted as he buried his face in his hands.

"Do what?" i asked.

"I can't stand seeing you with someone else. I can't stand seeing someone else make you happy," he said.

"Joe," i said as i felt my heart getting heavy. "I never meant to hurt you like this."

"Then take the pain away," he said as moved closer to me.

"How," i said with a shallow breath.

He began to kiss me softly, wrapping an arm around me as i laid down on the couch. The kiss was hungry and more aggressive than the first time we kissed.

He lifted my shirt above my head and i laid there exposed. I took his shirt off too and there we were, our skin touching. 

His grasp was gentle as he took me into his room. I didn't know what to do at that point. My mind was wandering about what i should do.

"Joe i can't," i said as i got up and put my shirt back on.

"Brie," he said with pleading eyes.

I looked down at my ring and remembered that i have so much love for John and i couldn't just throw it all away for the sake of one night.

"i can't just throw away my relationship with John to be with you for one night," i admitted.

"Then be with me forever," he suggested as he sat across from me.

"It isn't that simple i promise," i said with a long sigh.

"I'm sorry......i shouldn't have put you in this situation and i feel awful," he said.

"I should go," i said as i got up and left the bus. 

I needed some reassurance that things were going to be okay. I walked back to the bus looking for John. I needed him to tell me that he loved me and things were going to work with us.

I turned the corner and saw a girl in a John Cena t-shirt walking out from the bus. Her shirt was tight and she had on a short skirt. Ring rat.

I walked past her and she said, "Jeez i didn't know John was taken. I tried things with him but he didn't want to go all the way."

"You two did stuff?" i asked. I was hopping the answer was no but i knew deep down inside that it could very well be yes.

"Just to 2nd base. Then he broke down and said he had a girlfriend or something. You're Brie Bella right?" she asked.

"Yes. I better go in," i said as i walked toward the door of the bus.

Just then i felt myself well up with anger. He wasn't good enough for me and we both knew it deep down.

======================================================

REVIEWS?

SHOULD SHE CONFRONT HIM?

OR LEAVE?