Part Eighteen

"Hey I'm outside."Devon says as soon as I answer his phone call.I just grunt to let him know I heard him before hanging up,I throw my phone to the side and carefully move the kids off me so I can get up.

I open the front door to reveal Devon and we just stare at each other for a minute."Hey..."

"You good?"He asks and I shake my head as he takes me into his arms.I start crying into him and he just holds me,he backs us into the house and closes the door behind us.

I wasn't expecting to breakdown like this but something just came over me when I saw him.Ever since me and the kids left the hospital I've been holding in my emotions so they wouldn't see me upset but I'm happy I can just let all this out right now.After a couple more minutes I start calming down and he lets me go.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier...I was just worried bout the kids."He says and I shake my head as I wipe my face.

"I understand Devon and I'm sorry I wasn't more careful.If something would've happened I would never forgive myself..."I say and he hugs me again which I accept."The kids are asleep but you can come see them."I say and he nods.

I lead him to my room where me and the kids were sleeping and he smiles as soon as he sees them.He goes over to them and I hang back and just watch.He leans down and kisses the both of them on the forehead before coming back over to me.

"I didn't want to wake them but tell them I stopped by and I'm a try and come see y'all tomorrow."He says and I nod looking over at them.I know they're gonna be upset they didn't see him and I don't want to upset them anymore.

"How about you spend the night so they can see you when they wake up.They would love that Devon."I suggest and he smiles a little before nodding.

"Aight I'll just sleep on the couch."He says and I nod,he might just be saying that so I'll offer the bed but I don't want to give the wrong impression."Goodnight Miracle..."He says as he walks toward the door.I realize that he needs a blanket and maybe some pillows.

"Devon wait."I say and he turns around hopefully and I laugh throwing a blanket at him."You want some more pillows?"I ask and he shakes his head coming over to me.

"Why did I think you were gonna do the right thing and let me stay in here?"He asks and I laugh hitting him playfully.Knowing how he is and how I'm feeling right now I don't trust us to not do anything if we're in the same room.

"Ok you can sleep here and I'll take the couch."I say trying to move past him but he grabs my arm.

"Nahhh,either we share it or you take it."He says and I smile at him."Goodnight."

"Night Devon."I say waiting for him to walk out.After he leaves I go get back in bed with my babies and fall asleep in less than 10 minutes....

*****

I wake up alone in my bed and I hear laughs outside in the living room so I know the kids have seen their dad.I get up and go straight to the bathroom to start my day.After I've taken a shower and brushed my teeth I get dressed in some sweat pants and a tank top.

"Mommy!"Titi yells as she sees me and I open my arms for her to run into me.

"Good morning baby."I say kissing her cheek and when I put her down I hug Deandre too."Good morning Dre."I say giving him a kiss too and after I let him go Devon comes over to me.

"Good morning Miracle."He says opening his arms and I hug him,as I'm about to pull away he kisses my check so I give him a look."What?!I thought it was hugs and kisses for everyone."He says biting his lip and I suck my teeth,separating from him.