Part Six

Miracle in MM

"Shit..."I cuss hearing the doorbell ring.I was so knocked out cuz of last night that it took the doorbell being rung like 6 times for me to wake up.

I get to the door and see Devon standing outside with the kids.It's like 8 in the morning but I was hoping he would come a little later.

"Hey babies!"I say trying to mask how shitty I feel.Ion like when they see me upset or when I'm a mess.I kiss and hug the both of them before they run inside.Devon walks up to me and hands me a bag from Waffle House which makes me cheese.He knows I love some Waffle House.

"We got breakfast and Titi said we should bring you some."He says and I smile feeling my heart swell,I love my baby so much.

"Thank you Devon."

"Aight I'm out..."He says trying to leave quickly but I stop him,I really do wanna talk to him.

"Devon do you want to talk?"I ask biting my lip.I never get nervous around Devon but for some reason I'm nervous as shit right now.

"Nah I'm good.Bye Miracle."He says brushing me off and I frown.He really wants nothing to do with me no more.I just give up tryna talk to him but to my surprise he opens his mouth to say something."Actually my mom told me your dad reached out to her for your number."

I frown cuz I was not expecting that shit right now.I haven't talked to my dad in like 4 years and I'm just fine with that shit.I wasn't planning on ever speaking to him again to be honest.There's a lot of shit there that Ion think I can even go over right now...

"You good?"Devon asks actually showing some emotion towards me,I just nod.

"Yea...."

"You want his number?You don't gotta talk to him if you don't want to Miracle."He says and I nod.I know I don't have to but something is telling me to think this over before making a rash decision.

"Yea I'll take his number just in case."I say and he nods.

"I'll get it from my mom and send it to you later...Aight you bringing the kids tonight?"

"Yea,if that's ok?"

"Yea of course.I just can't watch them tomorrow night."He says and that makes me curious.Devon is always free so when he's not it's weird as fuck.

I'm bout to ask him why but I just drop it.He's already upset with me so Ion think he'd even tell me.

"Ok bye Devon..."I say kinda reaching for a hug and he hesitates before giving me one.I hold on to him tight cuz even though it's only been three days of us fighting and miss him.

"Bye Miracle."He says lowly in my ear and that makes my stomach tingle...

Gahhhh damn I miss this nigga...

I finally let him go and he walks to his car.I just watch him pull out the driveway and sigh before going in the house.Maybe his plan is to play hard to get and I'll be begging to be with him and shit.Well jokes on him...Cuz it's working 😞.I miss his goofy ass,I miss his kisses,I just miss him period!

I lock the front door and go to find where the kids ran off to.I put my Waffle House on the table and go to Deandre's bedroom first.

"Did you guys have fun with daddy?"I ask sitting next to Deandre on his bed.Titi is on the ground playing with some toys and barely paying me any attention.