(46)White-hot Rage

'He looked, sounded and tasted just like the most important thing in my life...'  

White-hot Rage

I fell onto my feet, but the impact was still too much for my new bones to completely take

I fell onto my feet, but the impact was still too much for my new bones to completely take. I felt my ankle snap.

I let out a painful cry and quickly rolled under the cover of the large bushes next to the pathway. I heard the thing that was wearing Thanatos' face crack open the rest of the wood from the door and jump out after me. I watched from the darkness of the foliage as he landed with grace, not a scratch on him.

I didn't make a sound, even as the oddest and most painful feeling ran up my leg. I knew it was my bone fixing itself; healing and mending back together. I was far from used to the odd sensation and it left me feeling nauseous. How on earth did the gods get used to this? It felt like someone was holding an electrical charge to my ankle, and something was trying to crawl out from the inside.

I kept my mouth shut and my breathing low as Thanatos scanned the gardens for any sign of movement. It was dark, but I knew he didn't need the light to see. My eyes were adjusted to the lack of light too, but his red orbs were trained like a hunter's. He stood a few feet from me, his black boots hard. I imaged what it would feel like if he tried to kick me with them; probably not too good...

If Thanatos spots me, I need an escape route. No, not if- when.

I bit my lip and twisted my ankle a bit to see if it had healed. It didn't hurt as much and I lifted it up and pressed my other foot against the top. Nothing; no pain. Okay, so at least I could run again.

Thanatos smacked his teeth together, the sound nearly causing me to whimper in fear; "Tsk. I do so hate to do this to you already, my sweet angel..." He lifted his hands up and smiled. I knew what came next.

Blue energy, so striking and hot, flew right from his palms and shot out in a whip onto the ground. He hit the grass with a massive whack and the earth nearly cracked in half. I shivered, but when his eyes turned to the direction in which I was hiding, I knew then that I had to move- and move fucking fast.

I leapt up from the bush and ran towards him instead of away. Thanatos' smile of victory was short-lived. I smacked my hand over his face, scorching it with fire. The smoke that shot up my nose was filled with the scent of burnt flesh and hair and his animalistic scream of anger was enough to push me back.

I hope I didn't come to regret making him angry, but this was the only way I knew how to get away. I shot out a string of ice and swiftly wrapped it around his body and arms as he howled like a wolf, the one half of his face melting.

I wanted to smile, but as if sensing my sudden little spark of victory, Thanatos snapped his fangs forward to bite at my neck. I jumped back and gasped. His eye on the melted side of his face looked so red. So vividly red. Like a robots.