(17)Playing with Porcelain

'They looked at each other like there was no one else who mattered and like no one ever could...'

Playing with Porcelain

I twirled my dark hair around my finger; my shoulder leaning against the high, marble pillar

I twirled my dark hair around my finger; my shoulder leaning against the high, marble pillar. The Greek architecture was stunning; with high columns, white and grey marble walls and dark green palms waving in the wind. The crystal clear waters of a running pool trickled nearby and the inner courtyard was covered in shade from the high trees and thick bushes. 

I scanned the sanctum again and my eye caught something of interest. He was walking towards me, unknowingly right into my clutches, his face planted in a thick book.

Oh, this was going to be fun...

"Hi there..."

The orange-eyed god looked up in surprise, his concentrated frown turning slightly up into an aloof grin. He was deliciously handsome. I smiled; "Busy?"

Hypnos pretended to think hard; "Trita, right?"

"Right." I casually moved away from the pillar and folded my hands behind my back, giving him a clear view of how perky my boobs looked in the long, dark-green palace dress. Hypnos' eyes glanced down quickly before returning to my face with a small smile. "What are you reading?"

He absent-mindedly tapped the book on his thigh; "Dream generation." I frowned and he chuckled softly, the sound just as delicious. "It's mainly concerned with producing certain types of dreams. Enforcing lucid dreaming in a state of generation capturing for information sharing deities. I actually tutored the mage who wrote it. He seems to have missed a few details over the years..."

"Sounds interesting- I barely understood what you said, but I do like the way you said it."

Hypnos' smile grew wider, but his eyes held a certain fascinating quality I barely saw with other guys- predatory superiority.

Did he think I was out of my depth? Oh, silly boy...

"Is there something you need, Trita?" His voice curled around my name like lace. I smiled knowingly; "No..." I ran my eyes down his chest. "But you can keep talking about dreams- I don't mind listening to your voice."

Hypnos pursed his lips and looked down, but not from shyness or discomfort. He was amused. I bit my lip and swayed on my toes as I waited for his reply. It was short, but effective; "Walk with me."

My grin grew; "Sure, why not."

His manly scent reached me before his hand found the small of my back. I shivered involuntarily as his warm fingers traced a sensual pattern to their desired position. He led me with him, the book completely forgotten in his large palm. I involuntarily caught myself admiring his hand- he looked extremely capable.

When Aurora had told me that she'd given her virginity to Thanatos- the man who I knew couldn't be anything other than a godly supermodel straight out of the darkest corner of female-hormone heaven- I was slightly annoyed.