(10)White Gold

'I didn't want us to end. Not when we've just started...'

White Gold

I adjusted the long folds of my soft pink dress

I was early for class- far too early. Every two minutes I would check the clock just to make sure that time was actually passing. The waiting was torturous.

Blood magic...

What on earth could that hold? And energy bending? I had the feeling I was in for quite the ride. Not to mention, I had no idea who my teacher was. It could be anyone. Perhaps even a god?

The thought had crossed my mind more than once in the last few weeks. The chances of my teacher for Blood magic being a god were high. Alexus had mentioned that Blood magic is the most difficult craft to master and only a few mages are lucky enough to wield it. Even Alexus has difficulty with it some days, even though she's a bona-fide prodigy.

How long before I could master it?

Time was running out... I needed to ascend and receive my title. Things were getting trickier and even more dangerous now that the Aegis was in proper play.

Speaking of tricky- Thanatos had mentioned this morning that he'd go have a look at our dear friend Hermes to see if he was up to anything suspicious. Lately, the god of trickery had been huddled up in Olympus; not giving us any reason to distrust him. Was he onto us?

It's rather unlikely, but then again, nothing in this plane of the world is typically straightforward.

Anyone could betray anyone.

The clock ticked on.

I halted the tap of my foot and peered around the room. I was instructed by Alexus to go up to the tallest tower; the Eagle tower. I'd never before set foot in this tower, but I do remember- no matter how hard I try to forget- the tower where Delilah had fallen from. That was the one across from where I sat now; the Hawk tower. They were decorated quite similarly; both had wide and stone stairs leading up to the very top.

The view was amazing; you could see past the vast lake and desert, all the way to an area where the greenery dulled and was replaced with darker tones and stone. This was clearly the path that led towards Hades' palace. On the other side, to the East, the greenery was replaced by moss and dark clouds. It looked colder and that's how I knew that if you took the time to travel all the way till the end, you'd reach an icy tundra and an equally icy goddess.

Life wasn't much different here than on earth- families squabbled, rivalries are formed, lovers fall out...

Things were relatively familiar; even if they were slightly a bit more dramatic and usually accompanied with monsters, demons and magical objects.

I'd only hoped that Thanatos and I would have our time together after all of this is done and dealt with- in this version of life things could change with the flick of a dime. It scared me speechless.