Under a Bad Moon~*~Chapter 15

Sorry about the skip in time :P It had to be done.... Sorry it's short too e_e

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15

{Veronica’s POV}

            I never expected the months to pass so quickly. Then again, I also never expected Austin to be so supportive. Now here he was, two months after finding out the gender, rubbing my feet because they were sore.

            Those first few days after finding out we were having a boy, Austin shut down. He didn’t talk to anybody—even me. He showed up for the full moon and I managed to talk some sense back into him. I told him what I wanted to name the baby and he began to smile. I don’t know what it was but he suddenly just came back full force.

            After that, he was the perfect mate. I couldn’t have loved him more. He was always there for me and the baby. He was there for every shift. He was sympathetic to my constant hunger by always having a snack on hand. He held me at night and massaged my aching feet. God, he was amazing.

            But I could see the worry in his eyes constantly… He was so worried that our baby would take on the New Moon gene. I hoped he knew there was a possibility that he wouldn’t take on the gene. He could always be a Full Moon like his mother or an Ever like his grandparents. Nothing was definite, but to Austin, it didn’t matter. He was so sure of our baby’s future though.

            I left him to his inner turmoil with that. He could think what he wanted. I was going to love my baby no matter what. I loved him so much…

            “Mm, that feels good,” I moaned.

            “Oh yeah?”  Austin asked playfully. His eyes glinted with humor. “How about this?”

            I yelped. “Don’t do that!” He did it again. “Austin! Stop poking the bottom of my feet!”

            “Nope, you’ll have to stop me yourself.” He lightly dragged his nail across the bottom of my foot.

            “That’s not fair!” I exclaimed. I sat up and tried to swat him again. It was unfair. At four months, I was nearly seven and a half months along. I was huge…and I found that I didn’t mind. I liked being the size of a house because it meant my son was safe. That was all that mattered to me. My son and my mate.

            I cradled my tummy with my hand and withdrew my legs before I got up and started smacking the hell out of him. “Stop making fun of my belly!” I yelled, punctuating each word with a smack.

            He was chuckling and trying to defend himself. “Baby, stop it.”

            I glowered at him. “You are so lucky. As soon as I pop this kid out, you’re going down.”

            “Oh you’re on, girl.” Austin grinned and pushed me back down on the bed. He straddled my waist and began nibbling at my jaw. “Tomorrow is the last full moon,” He said to me.

            “The last I’ll have to suffer through,” I corrected. “Then I’ll be free to shift after he’s born.” I grinned. “I can’t wait to start shifting again!”

            Austin chuckled and kissed my neck.

            Over the last two months, we had managed to put together some kind of nursery. Our storage room had become the baby’s room and all the stuff we had stored (mainly decorations) was moved to the basement. That room was now had light blue with a crib, changing table, and dresser. Austin had been all for the monkeys that now covered the room. I thought it was hilarious.