Under a Bad Moon~*~Chapter 4

Chapter 4

{Austin’s POV}

                Where was she? She wasn’t in first or second or third. I couldn’t find her during lunch. Veronica was not at school. And if she was, she was well hidden. Instinctually, I started panicking. Where was she?

                “Dude, what’s wrong with you? You haven’t been paying attention to a word I’ve said all day.” Marcus waved a hand in front of my face like an idiot as he said this.

                “Yes I have,” I replied vaguely. “You hooked up with some chick.”

                “Man, this wasn’t just some chick. This is Sarah we’re talking about. She’s the finest piece of non-werewolf ass around here!”

I began to tune him out. I didn’t want to hear about the sex he had with a human girl. Trust me, I’d slept with a few human girls before. I had needs and while humans could satisfy them, it was better with another of your kind.

                “You aren’t listening. Again.”

                “It’s cause I don’t care,” I told him. I let my gaze sweep across the crowded cafeteria again. I was hoping to pick out her ebony curls or hear her malicious cackle as she tortured some freshman.

                “Who are you looking for?”

                “Nobody.”

                “It’s a girl, isn’t it?” He gave me a Cheshire grin that he did so well. “Who is she?” he started scanning the crowd.

                Eh, what did I have to lose? “Veronica Blake,” I told him.

                The smile faded from his face. He turned to me slowly, processing my words. “The Veronica Blake?”

                “Uh, do you know any other ones?”

                “You hooked up with Veronica Blake?”

                “Yeah, at that party a few weeks ago.” Why did it matter? I couldn’t have been that oblivious. Some things got past me, but rarely.

                He started smiling again. “You hit what I already did.” He boomed with laughter.

                “What?” I asked.

                “I took her virginity two years ago.” He grinned, proud of himself.

                I took in his smug look. I couldn’t help it, I swung. It was also instinctual to protect my mate. She was mine. Nobody had any right to talk bad of her. Mine.

The entire lunch room had gone silent as soon as he fell to the floor. People moved out of the way so he wouldn’t fall on them. His lip was bleeding. You could see that his jaw was already bruising. Everyone was staring. Marcus was flabbergasted. I had never reacted so strongly to both of us sleeping with the same girl. It happened all the time, though I was usually the first person to sleep with the girl. But this was Veronica. She was my mate. It was different in so many ways.

                “What the fuck?” Marcus cried, standing up.

                “I-I—” I fled the lunch room.

***

{Veronica’s POV}

                Mom wouldn’t let me go to school. I tried to tell her that I had to, but no, I couldn’t in my ‘condition.’ She said I needed to focus all my attention on the upcoming full moon. Well, how could I do that when I was distracted by the mate she wouldn’t let me see?

                She had left twenty minutes before I started getting dressed. I needed to see Austin, ASAP.  I threw on pink skinny jeans, a white tank top and a black jacket. I learned that if you’re going to wear brightly colored pants, you have to wear a ‘quieter’ top to tone it down.

                I flung the door open, ignore the cold that bit at my skin. Then I realized I was face to face with Austin. He had his hand raised as if he was going to knock. His mouth was hanging open as he let his fist fall. I shook my head. “You’ve got to stop showing up at random. Especially during school hours.”

                Instead of responding, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. The kiss was soft and sweet, then harder and less gentle as it progressed. Austin lifted me up and pressed me against the wall. He didn’t touch me anywhere else but the small of my back. But that touch alone was so sensual. The fact that we were mated amplified everything. Every touch, every kiss was multiplied by ten, making it more sensual than any regular kiss. A moan rose in my throat.

                Austin pulled away, a shocked expression on his face. It was as if he couldn’t believe what he had done. “I’m sorry,” He muttered, pulling away. He moved his hands to release me.

                I grabbed on to his wrists and held his hands firmly in place. “No,” I stretched up to kiss his jaw. His breathing hitched. I could feel his excitement pressing against my inner thigh.

                “Veronica,” He breathed.

                I stepped away from him and took his hand, dragging him up the stairs with me. I led him to the bedroom and gently pushed him onto the bed, straddling his hips as I did. I pressed my lips back to his and pressed my hips closer to his. A moan erupted from my mouth. Austin had his eyes squeezed shut. I kissed his eye lid.

{Austin’s POV}

                I moaned softly as she ground against me. I didn’t even notice when she started to unzip my jeans. I opened my eyes and watched her for a moment before realizing that she was unbuttoning them. “No,” I told her softly.

                She glanced up at me, “Why not?” She had a cute pucker between her brows.

                “You’re pregnant. With my baby. I couldn’t take advantage of you like that.”

                “You wouldn’t be taking advantage of me. Please, Austin, I need it,” she whimpered softly.

                I stared at her. She looked so pitiful. I pushed her hands away with care. “I can’t,” I told her. As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t. It wouldn’t be fair to her. She was so beautiful. She was my mate and I was responsible for taking care of her. “Now tell me about this challenge.”

So this isn't like what I usually write. I usually dont write the make-out/sex scenes so, ah, if it sucks, I'll take it down and fix it. If nobody says anything, it'll stay there, I guess.

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN!!! :D