The Repeated Love 40 - Uni's Arrival

"I see now." The arcobaleno breaks the silence. "That's the reason why you think this is the only world that can defeat Byakuran."

"..Yeah." Shouichi breathe in before continues, "In every other parallel world, the triple 7 were taken away and the Vongola family annihilated." He glance at you, who was looking down right after he said it.

"And come to think of it, when Lambo from 20 years later appeared for the battle of Varia.."

"I didn't expect to see you guys again. Such a good old memories, what sentimental faces..."

Tsuna nod to Gokudera, as he reminisce the same thing. "He said that because we were dead in the parallel world of 20 years later- uh.."

He clench his hands.

"But, my future self in this world was killed too in the end.."

He look at you from the corner of his eyes, pursing his lips as he saw a small tear forming in your eyes. Not only him, but the red haired man too noticed it.

"About that.. you are wrong.. Tsunayoshi-kun.. and.. Riekka-san."

"...! Huh..?"

Your head instantly lift up  from the floor.

"...Eh?"

"I wanted to tell you for so long.. actually.. it was a 'special bullet' that was used when you got killed by Millefiore. Your future self was in suspended animation since I replaced the bullet with the one that is similar to a dying will bullet."

Your eyes widened slowly.

"He was.. still.. alive..?" You whispered.

"Then.. the coffin??"

"That was camouflaged to deceive our enemy..."

He narrowed his eyes as he look at you directly in the eyes.

"I'm sorry.. this was planned by both of us. Even though he was in a suspended state, he was looking forward to switch with Tsunayoshi-kun from the past in the coffin."

You cup your mouth slowly.

"Why..?"

"He said this before the execution day,"

"My past self, the one with the most potential will come soon, and also, he will replace me to protect her.."

Your lips trembled.

"..P-Protect..?"

"That person is you, Riekka-san.."

"...!"

"Because, you.. are the person who he wanted to protect the most.. no matter what may happen.."

'Why.. why did you do this..? And I thought I'm the one who be in your place right now..'

"Not only that, he pointed that.."

"Other than myself, Riekka is the one and only victim since the day she met me in the past, and I vow to myself to not let her experience it again. She sacrificed a lot, more than me."

Tears stream down on your cheeks. Reborn smirks, as he patted on your shoulder.

"I'm glad.. I'm really glad knowing that he still alive.. ne, Hayato-kun?"

"Uh-Uhn.. here, tissue.."

"Isn't that great, Riekka-chan..?"

"Uhn.. thank you, Kyoko, Haru.."