Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I walked around the forest enjoyed the slow breeze. Since Cade had basketball practice, and we promised that we will go home together, I had nothing to do but walk around the forest.

I chuckled when I remembered what happened earlier when Cade had totally forgotten that he had practice. It was hilarious, I never seen him so broken before.

I was walking out of the restroom when I suddenly was pulled into a hug. I knew right away who it was. The smell of his shampoo and the yummy cologne he wore made my mouth water. “Cade.” I whispered, I felt weak yet energized whenever I was in his arms.

“Lia, please don’t be mad when you hear this.” I looked up and questions began floating in my mind. What did he do? Did he cheat on me? Why would I get mad? His eyes were filled with sadness, and his lips were pressed in a straight line.

“Why would I ever get mad at you Cade?” I asked giving him a light kiss on his cheek. His expression did not change and I started to panic. Oh gosh what if he got bored of me? I couldn’t survive without him. Even though we have been dating for only a week but that was enough for me to die of a heartbreak if I lose him.

“Just promise me not to be mad, ‘kay?” I nodded meekly. My heart thumped loudly while I waited for the bad news to come. “Lia, I’m sorry I can’t take you home today, I have practice.” Cade blurted this sentence out so fast that even with my wolf hearing I had trouble.

“Wait let me get this correct, you can’t take me home today, that’s why your sad?” I asked curiously while looking him into his eyes. I decided to play with him so I added a scowl on my face.

If his ears were like a dog, they would have been drooping down. He looked so sad that it made my heart clinch. “Lia, I’m sorry, I really am, but I can’t skip this practice today.” He looked so troubled that it made me burst out laughing.

“Cade,” I said while laughing, “I was just fooling with you! Of course, I am not mad at you.” He gave out a playful growl and hugged me tighter.

I was broken away from my thoughts when an familiar voice sneered, “I see you’re having fun here, Lia.” My eyes were wide in fear, no way, why was he here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I'm sorry for this super short chapter and for not uploading so long. I have a writer's block and its really frustrating. I know where I'm headed but it's just so hard to write it down. Anyways I am not sure when I'm going to update next but it might be soon. As usual please comment, vote and fan!