Chapter 3

On the side is the slide show of characters :) I do not own any of the pictures.

Chapter 3

Cade’s POV

I froze in shock. A petite she-wolf laid in front of me. The only thing that told me her fur color, was her ears, the rest of her body was soaking in blood. A protective urge surged through me, this was a feeling that I never felt before. “Quit standing there you dumbo, hurry up and call the rescue crew!” My wolf shouted in my mind. From the looks of her still drying up blood, she might have been here overnight. I figured that some white wolf haters got to her. I was on high alert, my ears and sense of smell heightened.

Listening to my wolf’s advice, I quickly opened my mind link. “Dad!” I shouted. I hoped my alarmed voice would catch his attention. I prayed that he would not be too mad at me to answer. I scanned through the forest looking to make sure that we were safe from any harm before loosening a bit. 

I paced back and forth nervously, wondering if she was still alive. A few seconds past before dad answered me in an angry tone, “If you got into trouble again, I do not want to hear about it.” I groaned why can’t he let the fight go?

“Dad I found a injured white wolf!” I exclaimed. Never had I heard my dad reply to me as fast as this time, “Say what!” My dad bellowed, he paused for a few seconds and then began talking again, “Wait, where are you? I am going to bring the pack doctor!” Nothing was more important than to save this wolf right now. We do not pity these beautiful snow wolves, we know what they have been through. 

“Near the end of our boarder,” I answered swiftly. I wished that the pack doctor would be able to get here fast enough, or be able to save her before it's too late.

I tried to make time past so I laid down next to her. The scent that brought me here was still lingering, even though there was a disturbing blood smell. Looking closely you can see that she had been treated roughly. Some of her long fur is uneven, like she had been dragged. I winced at the thought, it must have hurt. Treating them because of their different color was just unbelievable, those were stupid people who have minds as big as a pea. 

The tall grass swayed as the wind picked up, it caused a smoothing feeling. If there wasn’t a injured wolf right next to me, nor if I was not as angry, I would have been enjoying this smoothing feeling. The sway of the grass makes me want to sleep. 

My dad’s voice broke the silence, “Cade!” My head reacted when I heard my name. I turned to my right and saw my dad, brother and pack doctor standing there. I stood up and ran to them, hoping they can save this poor wolf. I could never stand someone having a tragic ending, it was just cruel. No one deserves to be treated poorly.

“West, quick look at her wounds!” I ordered in a very demanding voice. That voice I just used could have been mistaken as the alpha’s voice, but that could never happen because I was never going to be alpha. Also I was not really as interested.

West our pack doctor turned back into human form and started to fiddle around the she-wolf. He turned her around carefully and the sight of her belly was something that I would never forget. I growled hatefully, not at her, but to who ever that did this. The wound is unsightly, a deep gash started near her heart and ended halfway down her body. The wound seemed to be caused by something like a knife.

I could feel rage coming from my father and brother too, because we know why she is treated this way. Personally our family had never hated the white wolves, and since my brother’s mate, the alpha female in our pack is also a white wolf we don’t hold a grudge for them. Well some people in our pack still have an attitude towards Tamra, but never had I seen someone as sick as this, treating a white wolf without respect. 

West sighed, panic started to flow through me did something happen to her? “What is wrong!” I asked in a rushed tone. 

Since West is in his human form he spoke out loud, “No need to worry Cade, that was a sigh of relief.” I never noticed that I held my breath, but I guess I did because I am lacking air. I finally let air run through me again and asked, “How is she doing?" 

He said while looking at me, “She is healing,” he paused slightly before saying anything again, “Thank god for fast healing powers, or else she would be dead by now.” 

*************************************************************

Lia’s POV

I woke up feeling groggily. Looking around I find myself surrounded by a very blue room. Everything in here is blue, even the desk that faced me. I winced when I tried to stretch my legs, they are all stiff and sore. Wait, why am I in human form? Was I died? This looks no where like heaven.

“Finally, I thought you would never wake up!” said a deep, velvet voice. I jumped at the voice. Slowly, I looked up, my chocolate brown eyes met a light blue one. What’s with me and blue today? Then I something struck me, I am in a stranger’s house! Bolting up I got into my fighting stance even though my wounds hurt like hell. 

“Whoa, whoa stay still, we do not want to redo the stitches do we now?” The guy said while smiling, I could see his perfect white teeth from here. I flinched at the thought of getting a needle and string into me, that is not going to be a pleasant feeling. 

He started to walk closer to me, but I inched back as far as I can. Soon my leg hit the bed and I fell down, the bed made a thump sound. “Oh sorry I guess I should not get closer to you.” He said while looking down at his shoes. 

He ran his figures through his dark blonde hair and said, “I know that you’ve been through a lot, but our pack would not treat you poorly because of your fur color.” 

A little voice told me not to trust him and reminded me the things that Derek did to me. On the other hand, my wolf hollered at me to believe in him and trust whatever he is saying. I felt lost, I guess he knew because the next thing he said was, “I am not going to force anything on you,” He stuck his hands in front of me, “Nice to meet you I am Cade Everest, I hope we can be friends someday.” 

Hesitantly, I shook his hand lightly, “Nice to meet you too, my name is Lia Heatherson.”

________________________________________________________________

A/N Oh my gosh this is the longest chapter I ever done yet (I think…) Well since people wanted a longer chapter I thought sure why not, so voila I extended this chapter. If there is any mistakes PLEASE point it out! Humans never learn unless flaws are stated right? Anyways like usual please comment, vote and fan or even better all of above!