Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Lia’s POV 

I sat on my bed confused and inside me I felt kind of happy for no reason. Cade said that just to save me right? I mean I have been dreaming about meeting my mate ever since I was a little kid, but after I turned wolf I lost all hope. Everyone said I was useless and I was tortured. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. After a few minutes of debating with myself, I concluded with Cade was just saving me. 

The knock on the door broke me out of thoughts. I sighed and stood up to see who would come to me. I slowly walked to the door and there stood Cade. There was an expression that I could not quite tell what it meant. Confusion? Anger? Nervousness? Love? No, no the last one does not make sense. 

“Um, Cade? What are you doing here?” I asked curiously. The way that he was looking at me makes me feel kind of abnormal. 

“I am here to talk about the mate thing.” Cade said casually, like he had done this many single times before. I stepped aside and motioned him in. Cade sat down on one of my purple chairs, while I planted myself on my bed. 

“I- um-” Cade started. I knew he was having trouble finding the right words to reject me. It was just too sudden for me to be his mate. 

“Look Cade it’s okay, I know you just said that because you were trying to save me. I am not going to cling on you like other girls would.” I said bluntly. I knew that we had to get this confusion over with. Instead of smiling like I thought he would, Cade flinched. 

“Lia, that’s not what I am here for.” He said giving me a pleading look. Something was odd about Cade today. “We have to talk about us.” He stopped talking for a minute or so. I could tell that he was arguing with his wolf right now. His eyebrows were scrunched together. Finally he said, “Lia I already announced in front of the whole pack that I am your mate, so whether you like it or not we would have to pretend.”

Cade’s POV

My heart sank when Lia said that I was just trying to save her, by lying to the whole pack. I tried to think of ways to keep her beside me at all times. Once a male werewolf know that a she wolf was their mate we would have this possessive feeling. Especially, since I was the son of an Alpha it make us more possessive than ever. 

“Dude, Cade are you dumb?! Just say that you lied to the whole pack for her and she needs to take responsibility!” My wolf shouted at me. 

“Stupid we can’t say that! It would just make hate us!” I retorted back. 

“What else do you have in mind except for that! You know that if she is not by our side tonight we would never get sleep.” My wolf stated. It was true. I would be outside sitting on a branch where I could feel my mate’s presence all night long.

“But she would hate me! This is like blackmailing!” I shouted back. There was no way that I was going to tell her that. I felt my wolf trying to take control, I was tired from all that fuss today so without much of a fight my wolf took over. The words came out before I could stop him and there was the troubled look that took over my mate’s face. 

__________________________________________________________________

A/N Forgive me for the short chapter. I had a long week of school and I will be writing again soon this week since I have spring break. Anyways I have a new story up so pleaseeeee I beg of you check it out. I have no idea if I should continue that story so thoughts about Spotlight would be appreciated. Anyways as usual please vote, fan and comment!