Ch19-Information

Megan's POV

have been in New Orleans for about a week now. I l've been layin low because I think someone is watchin me. I got out of the car and walked down the long drive way. I held the property papers in my hands that was sent to me awhile ago. The door was adjacent I slightly pushed it open.

I walked into the mansion home & took in the beautiful home that I once visited. It looks the same, the exact same way it did the day I left. I know it was awhile ago but I remember important shit and this house is in the file of important shit. I walked thru the kitchen, and into the dining room. I walked out into the main area and went thru the library. I came upon the door that leads to my uncle's office. I quietly twisted the door knob. The old smell of liquor and cologne hit my nose when I walked into the office. I looked around at the old pictures of him and his wife. Everything is placed neatly, all the pictures are turned in a certain way. I walked up to his desk and went through the drawers. I seen old bills and recent mail.

"How may I help you.?" I dropped the papers when I heard the voice. I looked up and seen a middle aged women with a black suite dress on standing by the door. I closed the door and walked around the desk. "I'm lookin for the man that lives here." I told her. "Mr. Howard, he passed away a few months ago." she said with out any sympathy. I gulped down any thing that was in my mouth. I can't break down right now, not in front of her. I don't know what she's capable of. "Did you know him?" she asked. "ma grandmother did." I lied, u can't trust any one. I walked past her and into the foyer, I heard her footsteps follow me. "I'm leaving Damn" I turned around and said to her. "where u from." she looks so damn innocent but I know that act. "Tha fuck" I looked at her up and down and walked outside into the car. I started it up and started driving out the neighborhood. When I got to the first stop sign I broke down into tears. I hate for some one to lose their life, but when someone loses their life in my family it huts me to the core. Ma uncle & I had a strong / rough relationship. He had me doing things I didn't like but I stilled loved him.

~~
I stopped the car when I pulled up to a familiar house. My uncle had a best friend named, Vivian, he brought me here a few times when I stayed the weekend with him. She'll know if he really is dead. I stepped into the hot Louisiana heat. "hopefully she remembers me." I mumbled to myself as I approached the porch. I rang the door bell and waited.

"how may I help you?" she asked answering the door. "I-I I'm Rocky's niece." I managed to get out. I seen that she looked me up and down takin in my appearance. "come on get in the house." she says yanking me into the house. "have a seat in the living room." she guided me into the room. I took a seat on the brown leather couch, she took a seat on the one opposite of mines. "do u want some thing to drink.?" she asked. I shook my head no. Ms. Vivian was always nice to me & I barely knew her but my auntie, ma uncle's wife, was mean af she probably still is. "he is really dead?" i'm trying to not let the tears fall down. "he comes and go.." she said. I raised my eyebrows. "he faked his death."she added when she seen my confused face. "but tha lady at the house said he did, im glad i came here to get the truth."

"what lady?" she questioned. "a Young lady was at the house & she told me." i explained. "nobody knows he faked his death but me & the doctor who announced it." she told me. I sat back taking in her appearance, she doesn't even look her age, 43. She look so good i hope i look like that when i'm her age. "how did the lady look?" she asked me interrupting my thoughts. "my height, brown skin, she look like she was like in ha thirties,she kept looking at me strange." i explained. this must be a big deal if she wanted me to explain to her. "that's ya auntie Lisa's sister." my auntie Lisa is ma uncle's wife. "she gon go back and tell Lisa you down here...i never liked that women." she said in disgust. I shook ma head in agreement. "Lisa and I had some fights back ina day, cause she aint like that Rocky and I was so close." Ms Vivian was a Ride Or Die, shit she probably still is. "did you and ma uncle have a thing?" i'm curious. She smirked. "Chile, ya uncle and I was in love, but Lisa got in tha way wid everything." she tooted up her lips. "why he just ain't leave her.?" I asked. If ma uncle really loved Vivian he could of let Lisa go. "It was deeper then that, she had him wrapped around her fingers...why ya come all the way down here Chile?" she asked me.