Ch13-Starting Over

Megan's POV

I leaned up against the elevator door as it goes up to the floor level that I am staying on. Ugh how did I end up like this, with this damn bandage on my shoulder. All I can think about is how it all happen,

*QUISE PIC ON THE SIDE*

"now nigga I thought we was handling business." Quise said chuckling, that nigga has always been crazy. Ree was pointing his gun at Quise, I felt him hand me a gun under the table I grabbed it. Quise scooted his chair back and pointed his gun at Ree. Next a dude that's on Ree side was pointing a gun a me, so I stood up and pointed ma gun towards him. "Shit never goes right." Ree said shaking his head. "its cuse ignorant n***as like you." I told him. "me ignorant, never dat sweet heart." he said to me. "yall in it or not, cuse I can kill yall right now?" Ree looked from Quise to me. I kept my eyes on Ree, this nigga is not to be trusted. BANG!! shots where fired, one of tha lights went off, so it was only one and that was on tha other side of tha room. A strong arm wrapped around ma neck, I knew it was one of the big dudes by the sizeI still had my gun in ma hands, but the man was trying to get it from me. BANG!! Ma gun went off and tha man jumped from up off me, yea n***a. I heard niggas arguing, im trying to look for Quise but I cant really see cuse the light is busted out from the first shot. BANG!! a third shot was fired, I ducked quickly to the floor, damn my gun fell out my hands. "rah, u good?" Quise yelled to me. "Q where ya at?" I yelled to him. I felt a strong grip pick me up. I looked back and seen Quise. "come on we gotta get out- Rah ya bleeding." he said lookin at his left hand, I touched the hole that was in my shirt, damn Ree buying me a new shirt. "tha gun, get the gun.!" I pointed to the ground. Quise picked it up and gave it to me, He took my good arm and we ran out the club. We ran down the stairs and out the side door like every other celebrity that was in the club tonight. We couldn't let any one see us.

I knocked on the room door & waited til Robin opened up. She slung tha door open and let me in, she didn't say a word to me. I flopped my sore body on the bed and closed ma eyes. Taking in on what just took place two hours ago. I'm not going back to my old life, I refuse to let Brooks drag me down with him. I haven't spoken to him in a long time and for that dude Ree ,to plan this stuff so we can "talk" about Brooks owing his boss money is foul. it doesn't even sound right because Brooks the type of dude that don't owe anybody money. Sh*t crazy I shouldn't never went in the first place.

~

I woke up from the sun beamin down from out the window. Ugh I placed the soft white hotel pillow over my eyes so I can block it. "uhh what time is it?" I yawned. "10:00" Robin says sittin on her bed. I took the pillow off and turned to her direction. "what time did I get in?" I asked. "umm, I think like 5." she answered. "you owe me big time." she says lookin at me. "I know, I know,.." im already hip, I was gone that whole night. "yo ass had me scared, I called da numba, no body answered..i had to lie to Ford." Her sourthern accent came out. "wait.. Ford came in." my eyes got big. She popped her lips and rolled her eyes when I said his name. "guh yas, dat old man did room checks. wen he found out u wasn't here, he flipped. den two hours later.. this man. had tha nerve to have me come in his room.." she started saying. I got up and leaned up against the headboard. "askin me was yall der...den August tall lanky ass, talk'n bout ta fire ya & shit cuse you don't want tha job, or whatever he wa' sayin." she sayin brushin his part off with her hand. Damn dis nigga tryin to get me fired and stuff. "den, it was a shootin at da club he was at." she finished tha story. "wait...a shootin?" I question to make sure I heard her. Robin shook her head yes. Damn noo, this shit cant be the same club I was at last night,, noo..

"Meg...Megan..Megan!!" Robin throw a pillow at me. "uh, uh. what?" I cocked my head slighty to the side. "what happen to ya shoulder." she pointed to the left shoulder. I didn't say nothing. Her mouth opened. "you was ther, weren't you. & yo ass wasn't gon tell me. Did yall fuck last night.?" by then she was on my bed sittin indian style. "no, no. I didn't know he was there." I told her, damn so he probably saw me.. naw cuse it was a lot of people there. "I was handling business and things didn't go right,...bullets started poppin out and one grazed me." it hurts but then it doesn't because Quise rushed me to the hospital. "a drug deal?" she questioned. "nah, sum bout owing money." ion really wanna talk bout this, not here any ways. I just got this vibe that somebody is following me. She shook her head "now Meg, ya know them niggas dat u owe money gon follow you." she tells me. I never really thought about it like that, but since that shit happen last night those niggas gon be on Quise and I. I need to get in touch with him. "I don't even owe money Rob, ma old boss does.." I got up and went into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and examined the stitches that are on my left shoulder. "want me to tell Rich bout it, he knows mostly all the high class drug dealers." she said leanin in the bathroom doorway. I washed my hands then squeezed out the antibiotics that's in the white tube, that the doctor prescribed to me.I rubbed the cream on my stitches so it won't get infected. "naw...ion want him in it. " I shook my head no. I don't want to risk Robin & Rich's life even though their life is already at risk cause of Rich, ion want it to get worse.