Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

I opened the doors and approached the receptionist

“Good morning, Clair” I greeteed

[in case you were wondering, Emily has been to the agency around 3 times since she’s arrived to settle down her contract. So she somewhat knew the familiar people and everyone, of course, knew her]

“Good morning, Ems! You’re looking hot today!” she giggled

"Thanks! Uhmmm, so do you know which floor my shoot is?”

“Oh yeah, it’s on the 3rd floor, Studio B. the right one from the elevator”

“Great! Thanks Clair”

“No problem! Good luck Emily”

I smiled back and entered the already opened elevator

As I opened the studio’s doors….

“Emily Walcott, it’s lovely to see you here!” Lily Carlton had said. Lily was MSI’s head editor, the shoot’s creative director, and my road manager too. Of course Liv was still my manager but she was based in LA and so Lily would be the one to take care of me and manage me while I’m here in London, keeping close contact with Liv.

“Lily! Hey! Seems like everyone’s here. Please don’t tell me I’m late”

“Don’t worry, Ems. You’re in fact, quite early. Some of the staff are still on their way. In the mean time, Eric here, or should I say Ericka, will take care of your hair and make-up and then you can go get dressed by Bree after”

“Phew! Alrighty then!”

----------------------------------------

3:00 PM

I was about to start what was probably my 5th round of shoots. This time, the theme was casual yet spunky so I got to wear my hair down in its natural curls, and got to wear really nice clothes too.

My first one had been all portrait and magazine-cover like, my second, which was a personal favorite, was when I got to wear haute couture gowns by Marchesa, Valentino, and the likes, the third one had an calm, ethereal theme to it, my 4th was all sensual and sexy and now here I was with clothes that I would usually wear going out on parties or on casual events. Which made me feel good, at least I could easily embody it this time!

The shoot has been going really great so far! Tiring, but great! Everyone was so accommodating and made sure I was at home. I would constantly be asked by someone “Are you alright?” or “Feel at home” by random workmen in the studio. It was nice, I just loved my agency more and more! Before I got in front of the camera, I had grabbed my phone and looked through some messages.

A couple of them were from the lads wishing me good luck. There was one from mum and dad which both said they knew I’d do well. The one from Liv read “Good luck darling! I’ll call you later! :)” and then I stopped over to see Danielle’s message

From: Danielle Peazer

“Hey Ems! It’s such a breeze to shop for Louis! Don’t worry, I’ll surely be with you girls tomorrow! See you later at Nando’s yeah? Break a leg on today’s shoot! You go girl! Much love, Dani. Xx”

YES! Finally!

I quickly typed in:

“Thanks Dani!!! I love you forever! See you later! Xx”

“Ems! You ready?” Lily had called out

“yup!!”

-----------------------------------------------