:11

Grace

Before tonight I believed I was a loyal person. Before tonight I knew for a fact that I was loyal. I told myself that tonight I wouldn't get too out of control. I told myself I wasn't going to be the girl running around the house naked with butter spread all over myself and well, I didn't go to that extreme, but for some reason I found myself wound up in a very intense game of truth or dare. The mature side of me was shining red and loud alarms in my brain, but the drunk, uncoltrollable side of me ignored the sirens and agreed to play this high school game with seven or eight other people I had absolute no idea existed until a few minutes ago. 

"Alright, Leroy," A girl slurred, "Truth or dare?" She asked. I giggled for no consistant reason. I was trying to concentrate on the two of them but my eyes were pounding and I could feel my heart in chest. This wasn't good. Mason will not be happy with me. But who cares, right? He's my boyfriend not my guardian angel. I was sitting inbetween two boys, both not as attractive as I wanted them to be. One had glasses and bad acne scars and every now and then sniffed, but it sounded more like a pig. The other guy would have been alright looking if his eyes weren't so far apart. He had a weird nose too. I wish I was back in highschool. All the boys were hot back then. I must have zoned out for more than I thought because when I focused my attention back on the two, they were gone. 

"PeoW!" A guy roared as he ran down the hall with nerf guns. I started laughing hysterically, and lost my balance on my knees. causing me to fall on my butt. But it didn't end there. My head spinned out and I managed to be face first in the ground, still laughing. 

"You need help?" Someone chuckled. I didn't move a muscle but let out an unattractive groan, "C'mon I think you need to get home," He stated. 

"But I wanna play!" I pouted. 

"You can play at home! C'mon I'll let you ask me 21 questions on the way," He told me. I rubbed my blurry eyes and let him lead me out of the house. I slowly walked down the stairs, tripping half way which caused him to catch me by the waist and steady me again.

"Kinky," I snickered. 

He let out an amused snort and continued to help me down the stairs. I hadn't gotten a proper look at the guys face, and his voice was fuzzy in my ears, but I knew there was comfort between his hands. I knew being let out of this house by him wasn't some sick twisted mind trick. I knew he was going to take me home. When we stepped outside, the cold air hit me like a train and immediately goose bumps formed all over my arms. 

"Wait," I giggled, suddenly stopping, "Can we just sit for a minute?" I asked him, If I walked into the house this drunk, I know Jason and Stella won't be pleased with my decisions. I mean, I'm old enough now, but I'm also old enough to mo-Oh look at the pretty bird.

"Why?" He asked.

"I uh...I don't want to go home when I'm this wooooooo," I made the motion with my hand that indicated going crazy. The guy sat me down on the edge of the step and everything seemed to become clearer. I leaned my head against the wall and let out a sigh. 

"Here," A hand passed me a water bottle. I gladly took it and stared up at my savior. It was Ashton, which surprised me a lot. I continued to stare at him. The way his eyes twitched as he stared back at me, and the way his jaw was clenching and unclenching. His hands were on his knees, and his hair was scruffy, "What?" He asked softly. 

"Why are you always there?" I blurted. It was probably the alcohol in my system, making me speak my mind and not give a shit about it. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Like," I sighed, "Ever since we've met, you've always been around me,"

He smirked, "We met yesterday Grace and I ran into you at a party, don't file a stalker report just yet"