Dreams and Souls - Chapter 5

Teachers Pet

Chapter 5

Dreams and Souls

Jamie's P.O.V

I pulled out of Jacob's arms. Making sure to scoot to the top of my bed. I'm being reckless. I would never forgive myself if something happened to Jacob. "What's wrong Jamie?" Jacob asked moving his arms out to touch me. With ninja like reflexes I swatted his hand away like a fly. "nothing" I told him a lot colder then I wanted.

Good job Jamie. Jacob looked away from me and pulled his hands onto his lap. Guilt washed over me, but I convinced myself it would be better to push him away now then later.

"Jacob, I think it would be best for you to leave" I told him. Slowly I watched I'm rise from his position on my bed then storm out the door. I sighed. Half in relief that he would not be harmed, but also in grief that he left.

'Why must you push people away' that voice. It was the voice from before. What did it want? What is it, and what the hell is it doing in my head? "Who are you, what are you doing in my head" I spoke a loud. I waited for a response but I didn't get one.

I must be imagining things. I wouldn't be surprised if I was. A searing pain jolted through my head. It was as if it was being cut open from the inside. I raised my hands up my head pulling my hair to try and stop the pain inside my head. 'Don't fight my hold' the voice spoke again. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" I yelled at the voice.

'Just calm down and everything will be explained.' The voice reasoned. I lowered my hands from entangled in my hair and tried taking deep breaths while focusing on the blank wall in front of me.  The longer I stared at the wall the more unbearable the pain got. The edges of my vision started to go black and I feared I would soon black out.

True to my prediction the rest of my vision darkened and I was sent falling into a pit of darkness where no light existed. Falling I made no noise as I wondered what would become of my life. Would I survive this if I didn't how long till someone finds my body and if I did would I ever really be the same.

I feel for what seemed like hours until I landed on the soft green grass with light all around. The grass was all a perfect light green color, with different colored lillys, and ploppys all over. I had landed a few inches away from a leisurely crystal clear river.

This place was awfully familiar and it was simply breath taking. I let my hands run through the shreds of grass implanted in the rich soil that held no trees.  But tree's didn't seem to be the only thing missing. There were no houses, no people, not even a signal fish in the river.

"HELLO?!" I yelled out. I turned all around seeing if anything would happen.  "I'm right here Jamie" the voice spoke from behind.  I stud from the grass and turned to face the voice. There was no one there. No human , but a sandy brown wolf.

I took a step away from the wolf almost falling into the river. "Hello?" I called out again. "Jamie I am here in front of you" the voice. The wolf. "You're the voice in my head?" I ask the wolf. "Yes, I am your wolf." The wolf bowed its head and laid its self on the ground.

I felt sadness in waves hitting me. It was the wolf I must be able to feel her emotions. "What's wrong Wolf?" I asked.  The wolf did not look up from its position but it did reply. "You named me  Jessie" she replied. 

I named her, but how. I didn't even know I had a wolf. "How?" I asked. "I was your best friend we would do everything together. You would shift and we would run through the woo-." "LAIR!" I yelled at her stopping her from continuing with her lies. "YOUR LIEING TO ME!" a brisk breeze picked up. Fast and sharp, and all aimed at the wolf. Cutting her arms and sides.

I felt myself getting angrier with every second I was here with this lying wolf.   "WHY MUST YOU LIE?" I asked. The wind picked up even more, and I stared to see blood drip off the wolfs arms, and scratches across her face. I watched her attempt to bite at the wind, but howled in defeat when it did nothing. "I'm not lying" she spoke. "Fine, but if I find out you lying it's your life." Instantly the wind stopped. I didn't believe her for a second, but I didn't want to have her to die because of it.

"It's your life too." She spoke. What did she mean by that? I felt something warm dripping off my fingers. My arms where covered in scratches and blood. "We are connected. We are one. If I die you do too." She spoke.

I glared at the wolf.  I lunged at the wolf, but before I made it to her  I felt the edge of the vision go black again and soon I was enveloped in darkness. 

**

I woke up in my bed warm and twisted in the sheet with beads of sweat dripping off my face. My lips where cracked and my mouth was dry. That was a creepy dream. I untangled my legs from the bed and shakily made my way to the kitchen. I blinked a few times. Wondering why everything looked so weird.  The room started to spin out of control. I grabbed onto the kitchen counter so I wouldn't spin with the room. I felt my legs wobble and buckle. I hung onto the counter for dear life. "JACOB!" I yelled out. I knew he wasn't her but it helped calm my nerves. 'Don't call his name feel for him, and pull him here' Jessie told me actually sounding worried.

What the hell does that mean? I closed my eyes and trided to feel for Jacob. I felt a force it was warm and sad. Was that Jacob? Why was he sad? I reached out for the force and pulled with all my might but nothing happened. "JACOB" I called out again. I felt like the ground was pulling me in.

*Jacobs P.O.V*

"Why dose she push me away? I Want nothing more than to protect her, but I can't do that unless I'm close to her. " 'It's okay she just need time' my wolf told me. I had left her house, and locked her door, but I didn't leave in my car. I thought it would be better just to walk around near her apartment. I walked around for hours just thinking of Jamie and what I was doing wrong.

'Jamie needs us' my wolf told me in a urgent tone.  What? 'she and her wolf are pulling at us' he told me. Pulling at us? What is that? 'Don't worry about that just go to Jamie NOW!' I was four miles away from her apartment building in the wood. I shifted into my black and grey wolf. I searched for her key in the mix of shredded clothing. I saw the silver of the metal and picked it up in my mouth. Then started running.  I pushed myself to the edge willing myself to get to Jamie as fast as I could. 'I'm coming Jamie' I sent to her wolf.

I made it to Jamie's door in record time. I shifted back, and placed the key in the lock. I ran inside not bothering to shut the door. Jamie was holding on to the counter with her eyes shut tight. What was going on? Nothing seemed to be out of the normal. Beside I was standing in her door way naked.

'Jamie what's wrong' I said inside her head. "JACOB! Help the ground is trying to eat me." I rushed to Jamie's side and held her in my arms, but she wouldn't  release her grip on the counter top. "Jamie let go your fine. I'm here" I told her.

Finger by finger she let go of the counter top, and through her arms around me. Then I felt it. the ground shook, and a circle formed around us on the ground.  What is going on? Jamie. I have to keep her safe.  I pushed her out of the circle seconds before a barrier formed around me.

It didn't matter what happened to me as long Jamie was okay. "Jamie opened her eyes, and saw what was happening to me. I saw a black shadow behind Jamie, and I lost it. It was a soul taker. I banged my hands against the invisible wall. I had to get to Jamie before I lost her.

The soul taker got closer and closer to her and I hadn't gotten any closer to saving her. "JAMIE!" I yelled out. I couldn't help her. The soul taker pulled out a silver knife. Jamie she was going to die and there's nothing I could do about it.

I shifted back into my wolf and attempted to ram into the walls of the barrier, but nothing happened. I howled in defeat. I looked at Jamie and saw a tear fall down her cheek. I placed my paw on the barrier. 'I love you' I sent to Jamie in her head. 'but I guess it ends here'.

*****

I'm sorry about the long wait, but I'm going to do better 1 or 2 updates a week. :D.

So what did you think about the story. What do you think is going to happen to Jamie? 

<3 Shakira