Questions? - Chapter 3

Teachers pet

Chapter 3 - Questions?

Jamie's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of the front door closing. I looked at the clock on the bedside table. 4:15 Am. I eased off the bed making sure I didn't make any sounds as I made it to the door. I walked through the hallways quietly. A dark figure crossed in front of me seeming to be oblivious to my presence.

I focused on the figure letting my senses sink in. Slowly my vision cleared and made it easier to make out that the figure was no other than Jade with her back to me. "Jade where have you been?" I asked my voice tight. There was no answer she could give me to explain why she is coming inside at such a late hour.

Jade turned towards me. I picked up on her eyes being rimed red and tear stains on her cheeks. "Jade?" I asked my voice weakening. I approached her and put my arms on her shoulders and pulled her into my arms. Jade broke down in my arms sobbing without any control.

We stayed like that until her breathing finally evened out. "Jade why don't we get you some apple juice" I asked. Jade pulled away with a small smile playing off her lips.

Jade was constantly sick as a child and would be bed ridden for months on end. I would come inside her room with a juice box in each hand and we would sit on her bed. We wouldn't say a word we would just enjoy our apple juice with our pinkies up high and proud in the air. When we finished I would leave and come back the next day with two identical apple juices in hand.

I walked over to the cabinets and pulled out two glasses and the apple juice bottle, pouring it into the two cups filling them to the rim. I put the juice back in the refrigerator and carried the glasses carefully back too Jade without wasting any on the ground. I handed Jade her cup. We held are pinkies up like we did when she was five and tipped are glass back letting the sweet juice slide down our throats calming our nerves.

After we finished are cups Jade went back to bed. I took our cups and sat them in the empty basin of the sink. I wonder why she came in so late crying. Did something happen while she was out or did she go out because she was crying? I didn't want to ask her just in case she didn't want to talk about it, but that didn't stop me from thinking about it.

I walked out the front door and eased myself onto the cold pavement. I watched the trees shake in the wind. I breathed in the sweet scent of cool night air. I turned in the opposite direction as the parking lot and headed to the pool. This early in the morning the pool would be deserted and that's just what I needed.

I rolled my pajama bottoms up to my knees and let my feet soak in the freezing water.

......

I could hear them. It was faint but I knew what I was hearing. I sniffed the air discretely making sure to keep the facade that I didn't know they were coming. They were clearly werewolves, but there was something else I could clearly smell. It was my mother's scent on them. How odd.

I heard the sounds of two sets of footsteps stop only a few feet away from me. "Are you Jamie" I deep manly voice said from my right I didn't bother to look up just nodded my head. "You are not to mate, is that understood" his voiced said again. I nodded my head again. "Your mother is pleased" he said then he turned to leave with his friend trailing behind him.

Why did my mother send them to tell me this? Couldn't she do this herself, and why is it so important for me not to mate? So many questions and so little answers. I gave up on relaxing by the pool and walked back to my apartment. I walked into my bed room looking at my clock that read 5:34. Great. I decided there was no point in going back to sleep. I walked into my closet pulling out a pair of blue jeans, a lite green button down shirt, and a pair of black flats with a green bow on the top.