something bad - chapter 2

Student teacher

Chapter two – something bad

Jamie's P.O.V

We have all done something bad that we regret latter on, but what if we don't regret it. What if we're happy we did that bad thing? Does that make us a bad person? All these questions ran through my head as I tossed and turned in my bed unable to go to sleep. I just couldn't stop thing about that kiss. I knew it was wrong. Jacob was my student after all, but I couldn't help wanting more.

I gave up on sleep and climbed out of bed. The floor was cold on my bare feet as I walked out my room. My apartment was small but it was nice. It was a two bedroom, two baths, complete with a living room, dining room, and spacious kitchen. Which I had no use for since I couldn't cook without running the risk of burning the whole building down.

I walked out the front door. The crisp night air nipped at my exposed legs and arms as I stood on the ice cold concrete pathway to the parking lot. My dirty blonde hair whipping as the wind blew. I loved being outside at night and I loved being high up. Since I can only shift, and I can't fly, this was the closest I could get to it.

My mother was a witch and my father was a werewolf. My mother wasn't my father's mate but they loved each other and had me. My mother has always feared him finding his mate, but she knew even if he did he wouldn't leave her. I wanted that kind of love.

I was a witch and a werewolf but really I was neither. What good is a werewolf without her wolf and what's the point of being a witch if you know you will never be as strong as a normal witch could be? I was an unloved love child forced to live two worlds when she didn't even fit in one, and my parents don't seem to care. I didn't even see them anymore. I missed my parents. I hadn't seen them since Christmas which was a while ago since its late march.

I watched the trees on the outside of the fenced in area of the apartments. I watched their leaves dance in the bitter wind, the weak branches threatening to break with the wind. Even trees lived by survival of the fittest. I stopped looking at the tree and focused on the dark shadow not ten feet away from the tree.

The shadow was jumbled up. It looked like a human but then again there where multiple body parts. I focused more on the figure trying to enhance my vision. This time was able to pick up on small details. It was two people a male and a female. The male was a good foot taller than the slender female at his side. It reminded me a lot of my parents actually. His arm was lightly place over her shoulder and she was slightly leaning on him. They were defiantly in love.

I watched the loving couple for a few more moments before turning to go inside. The whole way to my door I felt their eyes on my back. Maybe that could be me someday, maybe even me and Jacob. A small smile found its way onto my face as I slipped inside my door that was only a few footsteps from here I had been standing. This time when I climbed into bed and slept peacefully through the night, I dreamt of me and Jacob being that happy couple outside.

***

The loud ringing of my phone woke me up the next morning. I took a glance at my alarm clock that was placed on my bed side table. 6:45am it read. Who calls at six in the morning? I took my phone off the charger and flipped it open. "Hello?" I asked. "Hello Jamie. This is your mother." She said. My mothers' voice had always been smooth, and calming, but to day she sounded uneasy,

"Good morning mother" I told her. My mother rarely ever called unless she was on her way home with father. "Jamie you are seventeen and old enough to make your own decisions. When I was your age I was already pregnant with you, so I think having a child around will help you grow." What is she talking about having a child around? Does she think I'm pregnant?