Mating Love - Chapter 18

Teacher's Pet

Chapter 18

Mating love.

Jade's P.O.V

The whole house fell silent. You could probably hear a pen drop if anyone dared to move to get one. Jacob had stop snarling, Jamie had crouched down holding on to Jacob's wolf head, Chance was shell shocked; his mouth slightly agape taking in the new information, while Simon was sitting on the stairs with a devilish grin plastered on his pale face.

An itch formed around my wrists. I twitched my arms in response and the rope that had once been binding me to the chair fell to the ground, making a loud thump as if it was a tree falling in the forest. Everyone jumped and looked around coming out of their shocked phase. 

Chance's P.O.V

He is lying. I had slept with Clarissa, Jacob's mother, but he is a wolf, which means he couldn't possibly be my child. Last time I checked, I wasn't a wolf. "This is not my son." I pointed at the wolf in exasperation. "He is a wolf. How could he possibly be my son?" I asked.

Father laughed like I was a child asking a silly question. "He is a wolf, yes." Father tucked his arms around his back in smug satisfaction. "But that doesn't mean he can't have your blood rushing through his veins." My father had always been a cruel man, but would he be willing to lie about something like this?

If he is my son that would mean that I lost Clarissa for nothing. All of this FOR NOTHING! Rage flooded through my entire body.

My vision clouded over and I pounced on my target. My father.

Caroline's P.O.V

I was driving. I took a quick turn to the left and it sent my body swinging slightly from the seat. I wasn't wearing my seat belt, but then again, I didn't need one. My reflexes are impeccable. We all remained quiet after I had explained to everyone our little situation as soon as we had piled in the car. No one had said anything since.

Not that I care. I took another sharp turn. Scenery flew by as I sped down the dirt road. As gravel was kicked up by the tires and flung against the underside of the car, they banged like we were being shot at in a robbery. The noise was almost unbearable.

I finally saw the familiar brown cabin in the distance and let out a silent cry of relief. "Don't be late Caroline." I whispered to myself.

I pulled up to the front door and stopped the car. I tore out of the metal pin and through the front door of the cabin in less than a second. I heard loud crashes coming from the kitchen. I looked all around the room and at the stairs directly in front of me. That's when the metallic smell hit me. The undiluted smell of blood filled my nostrils like a ton of bricks. I looked to the right and saw an empty wooden chair. It looked out of place in that room, so I ran towards it. I completely ignored the scream that I heard form behind me. I already knew that I would see Jeremy's mother on her knees crying and I didn't have time for that.

I rushed into the kitchen. The sight was horrific. Simon was holding Chance down on the wooden table. He held a broken leg from a chair in his hand and had it aimed over Chance's heart. Simon went to plunge the make shift stake into his chest when out of nowhere a black wolf crashed into him. It sent Simon barreling to the floor, the wolf landing on top of him and snapping at his face.

Simon let out a high pitched whistle.  Panic flooded through me. I knew what the blow of that whistle meant. Dozens of vampires broke through windows in the kitchen, burst through doors and a few walked in from behind me. Simon threw the black wolf off  and locked eyes with me. He pointed all around the room and I looked around. We where surrounded.