Father and Son - Chapter 17

Teachers Pet

Chapter 17

Father and Son

Jade's P.O.V

I tried to back away from the pissed off Chance, but I ended up falling onto the bed. His eyes! I watched the black in them devour the green and it scared me to no end. My heart beat sped up and my breathing turned into short pants. I moved as far away as I could, but quickly ended up with my back against the headboard. Chance was instantly on the bed holding both my wrists above my head. I struggled, but it was ineffective. He was obviously stronger than me. Looking into his black eyes I almost wanted to just die right then.

His grip on my wrists tightened. My breath hitched in my chest as I watched him lean in closer to my face. His mouth pressed against my own. My eyes widened further in shock. Our lips began moving in sync as we stared at each other. I watched his eyes gradually start to change from the unnerving black to its normal calming green. His eyes began to close and as they did, his grip on my hands weakened. He deepened the kiss gently nipping at my bottom lip. When he finally pulled away I was panting harder than before, trying to get air into my deprived lungs. "Don't hit me this time." Chance opened his emerald eyes and stared at me.

I chuckled slightly, but found no humor in his joke. I had learned my lesson from hitting him. I wasn't hurt, but that look in his black soulless eyes told me he wanted to hurt me and it took a lot of self-control not to. Chance grabbed me by my waist, lifting me up and placing me on his lap with my legs wrapped around his midsection. His arms snaked around my waist and he stared into my eyes. I found it uncomfortable sitting on his lap and the longer I sat there the urge to empty my stomach contents seemed to grow in intensity.

"What, exactly, is a beautiful girl like you doing here with my father?" He asked me, catching me off guard.

"He said something about me being bait," I said, trying to pull off my best innocent face. I watched Chance carefully. His face grew worried. I let my hand cup his cheek as a way to comfort him. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'm fine. Just a little hungry," he said with a fake smile. "How about I go downstairs and make us something to eat?" he asked me.

"Umm, sure."

He lifted me off his lap and placed me softly on the bed, then left the room without a second glance. Now that I was off his lap, the urge to puke had subsided.

Jeremy's P.O.V

"Be careful. Okay, Jeremy? Mommy doesn't want you getting hurt," Jamie told me, covering my face in butterfly kisses while Jacob stood leaning on a tree watching me carefully. I laughed and told her okay. The irony of this is that she is the one that is going to be walking into a trap. It wasn't me she should be worried about. I would be fine. It was her and everyone else that she should be worried about. They were the ones in danger. Jade and herself more than anyone.

I walked the short distance from the woods to the front door of the cabin laughing quietly to myself about this situation. When this is all over I would be able to go home and live a quiet life with my mother. We would never have to do desperate things like this for money ever again. We would have everything we need and more. I could go back to acting school and she could finish getting her college degree. It would be just like before, but just the two of us this time. As long as Caroline keeps up her side of the deal.

I knocked on the door and was greeted by Simon as expected. "Yes?" He asked not surprised to see me.

"I was sent first. They will be on their way when I am inside for two full minutes. I think you should get the girl and bring her down to the living room." Simon opened the door wider for me to walk in.