We'll Carry On

Gerard's POV:

When Mikey and I got to school that morning, he said goodbye and quickly walked away into the building. But I didn't. I stayed and looked around.

A month passed since that last fight. It took us a while to recover. Not only wounds, but everything that happened.

The Monday after the fight was a mess. Principal Edwards decided that enough was enough, so he sent all the students to the gymnasium and gave us the biggest lecture of our lives. Thankfully, no one was sent to detention, because it would be impossible to punish the entire school.

School became the same after that, but at the same time, different.

It was clear that positions had changed. Some Jocks were not as popular as they were, and some outcasts were quite known now. We also had more voice; it was the first time I saw a Jock getting detention, probably a week after the school went back to normal, for bullying an outcast.

About me and my friends, we were the same. The revolution didn't change us, but changed the way people saw us. Our band was bigger now and people in school actually appreciated our sound, even if our rehearsals were a bit disorganized due to Frank's broken arm.

And the Jocks... Well, they kept bullying us. And others. But it was nothing compared to what it was before. They knew what we were capable of and now there were real consequences for their actions.

Not only that, but also, we weren't scared anymore.

Maybe the revolution did change us a little.

Anyway, after a while staring at the horizon, I walked into the building.

Walked through the corridors, some people greeting me and stuff, until I got to Frank's locker. He was there, talking to Ray, Amanda and Mikey.

"And- Oh! Hey, Gerard!" Frank stopped talking and looked at me. So did the other three.

"I thought you'd never come." Mikey said.

"So... How are things?" Amanda smiled. I was happy that Frank and she had become friends again.

I stopped. How were things?

Good? Bad?

Neither. They were better. Not good, but better.

And honestly, that was enough.

"I'm okay." I answered, finally being honest.