You Never Learn a Goddamn Thing

Frank's POV:

About a week later, the school announced the annual Winter Ball.

That was all the school could talk about. Especially the girls, all suspiring and talking about dresses, dances and how they wanted the boys to invite them.

I always hated balls. Normally, I would just stay at home or go out with the guys, but there were times when I went to the ball, if I felt like it, or there was nothing better to do.

Later that day, I met with Amanda on the corridor. She was wearing the cheerleader outfit and jumping as she walked, super excited.

"I'm so happy for the Winter Ball! It's gonna be great!"

I shrugged.

"I don't see what's funny with balls. Just people wearing pompous clothes and dancing."

"Oh, c'mon." she stopped walking and stood right in front of me. "It's cool! Dressing up, dancing, the music, the lights, everything, is magical!"

I laughed.

"If you say so."

We kept walking.

"So you're not going?" she asked me.

I thought for a few seconds.

"Yeah, maybe. I don't know. What about you? Got a date yet?"

She shook her head, denying.

"Oh." I said. "Well, don't worry. I'm pretty sure someone will invite you."

"Oh, no, I have been invited." She said, calmly. "I just said no to all of them."

I frowned.

"Why?"

"Well... I was waiting for someone in specific to invite me."

I raised my eyebrows, understanding.

"And he hasn't."

"Nope. He just can't take a hint." She sighed.

"Wow. What an idiot."

"Yes." Amanda had her fists closed and teeth clenched. She looked really annoyed. "Yes, what an idiot."

I laughed.

"Well, I hope he realizes how stupid he's being and invite you already."

She sighed again.

"I don't think he's gonna."

I gave her a sad smile.

"Good luck. I gotta go now. Bye."

"Bye."

I entered the classroom and sat down, thinking about Amanda and the ball. I know how important the ball is to her, and I really hope whoever that guy is, he takes a hint and invite her. She's an amazing girl and deserves a fun ball.

All I wanted to know was: Who's that guy?

During lunch, I was going to the cafeteria a little late than usual. I was walking through the corridor when I received a message.

Frank, don't came to the cafeteria. The Jocks are here. Go to the bathroom.

It was Gerard. So the Jocks were messing up with us again. They hadn't stopped, but their bullying had diminished. What were they doing that Gerard wanted me to hide?

I didn't want to know. I immediately changed my path and went to the closest bathroom. I entered one of the cabins and sat on the closed toilet with my feet on the lid, so nobody outside would see me in there.

I stayed there for a while. In silence. Thinking about my friends. I sent Gerard a message but he didn't reply.

Suddenly, someone entered the bathroom. I looked through the space under the door and saw feet walking. Whoever it was, entered the cabin next to me.

I thought it was just someone going to pee and was about to ignore it, when I looked through the space below the cabins partition and saw, instead of a just male feet, female feet wearing black heels.

There were no voices, no one was speaking. But by the sounds I heard and the movements of their feet, I'm pretty sure I know exactly what they were doing.

I knew it was wrong, but my curiosity was killing me. Who were they?

Silently, I stood up on the toilet and held my phone up. In the matter of two seconds, I manage to take a picture of them from above. Then, I sat on the toilet again to look at the picture.

And I almost gave in with the shock.

It was Carter. And Courtney.

But doesn't Carter dates Danna? And doesn't Courtney dates Sam? Jocks cheating on each other? That was even better than expected.

After a while, they both left the bathroom. I stayed a little longer, just to make sure.

If our revenge plan was good before, it was about to became even better.