If Life Ain't Just a Joke, Then Why Are We Laughing?

Gerard's POV:

"Thank you." Amanda said when the waitress gave her ice cubes and a cloth. She started to put it on Frank's black eye.

"Ouch!" he said and moved away from her.

"Stand still." She answered and kept doing it.

After the fight, I couldn't stand being on that school anymore. I left, and my friends followed. Amanda came, too.

We walked in silence for a while. I wanted to go home, but I didn't want to face my parents. Not yet.

We walked passed a drugstore and Amanda insisted on buying some bandages and stuff. We went to a snack bar and sat in one of the booths. Mikey, Ray and I on one booth seat and Amanda and Frank on the other. Amanda asked for ice and helped us with the bandage. I understood why Frank was friends with her. She's nice. I just don't understand why she hangs out with the Jocks and other cheerleaders.

"That was mental." She said.

"Yeah, Gee, what were you thinking?" Mikey asked.

I sighed.

"I don't know. I wasn't. I'm sorry." I lowered my head.

"Don't be." Said Frank. We all stared at him. "I don't regret anything. We might be all broken now, but so are they. And they deserved it. Ouch." He exclaimed when Amanda put the ice on his eye again. She whispered "sorry" and kept putting.

"Oh, well." Said Ray. "I guess we declared war."

"You know what? Frank's right. They needed this. We can't just let them treat us like garbage forever." Mikey said. "And my plan worked! That picture broke them a little. Maybe would be better if we showed them the picture without them knowing Frank took it... But whatever."

"There's so many secrets around this school..." Amanda commented.

"You have no idea." I finished.

We remained in silence. Then, Frank spoke. "I'm hungry. You guys want anything?"

We shook our heads.

"What about you, Mandy?"

"No, thanks."

"Oh, c'mon. it's the least we can do for ruining your ball."

She laughed.

"You didn't ruin anything. I chose to be here."

"What about Leo?" Frank asked.

She shrugged.

"I didn't want to come with him, anyway."

Frank then called the waitress and asked for a burger.

"You guys sure you don't want anything?"

The four of us denied with our heads.

"My dad's coming soon." Amanda said.

Frank nodded and the waitress left.

While waiting for the food, none of us said much. I didn't know what I was feeling. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't felt like talking.

After a few minutes, Amanda's dad called.

"My dad's here." She said. "Bye, guys. Bye, Frankie."

"Bye, Mandy." He said. The three of us also said goodbye. She got up and left the snack bar.

"She totally has a crush on you." Mikey said, smiling.

Frank frowned while the waitress served him the burger.

"What do you mean?" he asked and bit the burger.

Ray laughed.

"Isn't it obvious? She has a major crush on you."

"I thought you knew." Mikey complemented.

While chewing, Frank laughed, still frowning.

"Of course she doesn't. Why would she? She has a crush on that guy who didn't invite her to the ball."

"Did you invite her?" Asked Ray. He and Mikey smiled and raised their eyebrows.

"No, but..." Frank got mad when Ray's and Mikey's smiles got bigger. "Oh, c'mon! you're crazy if you really think that. Right, Gerard?"

I grinned.

"Are you blind or pretending to be?"

Ray and Mikey laughed, while Frank rolled his eyes and kept eating. What a weirdly funny way to finish the night.