Chapter Six

First off let me say THANK YOU!!!! to everyone that read, liked, fanned or commented and IM SORRY its taken so long to get another piece up.  I will try my hardest to get better.

AS FOR THE STORY:  i have been finding it hard to get back into the groove of this one, so my apologies if it relfects in my writing.  however, i have found a somwhat solution.  i belive i have a new path that this story will go.  IT DOES NOT CHANGE MUCH, i promise.  nor do i belive the previous chapters point in another direction too much.  I feel that this is a stronger more put together story line, so while i plan on going back and editing for grammer etc i may also make slight changes.  

Anyway heres chapter 6 almost done with chapter 7 so expect it soon

----------------------------

CHAPTER SIX

I woke up deep into the night, freezing.  My room was so cold I could see my breath. Did mom turn the air down?  I got up and was heading to the door when keno pushed against my legs and growled low.  Shadows passed in the sliver of light underneath my door.

Fear overtook me and shook me to the core.  I reached to the door knob and switch the lock quickly before running back to my bed.

What if it was that man I keep seeing?  At this point I was hoping it was just a burglar. A plain ordinary human looking for something of profit in my house.  I prefer a thieving criminal to the creepy stalker only I have seen.

Keno hopped up on my bed and leaned lightly into me. I held on to him and forced myself to be calm.

My mind worked though rational explanations.  Maybe a moth was fluttering around the hallway night light searching for warmth.  Maybe it was mom.  MOM.  What if it wasn’t mom, what if it was that man, could he hurt her?

After a moment the shadow left and only the faint glow of the night light was showed under my door.

“Keno, Let go.”  I had to check on mom. “Stay with me, were going to run.”

I threw the door open and ran as fast as I could down the hall way and up the stairs. I stopped just in front of my mom bedroom door; I didn’t want to scare her to death.

I knocked softly.  No answer, I knocked harder and tried to turn the knob but it was locked.  “Mom!”

Chills rain down my spine and Keno growled behind me.  I whipped around, tears streaming down.  I knew what I would see.

There he was, at the end of the hallway on the stairs, a few steps from the top.  He looked the same, and still just as frightening.  From the angle however, I saw something I didn’t before.  A huge bloody mess covered the right and backside of his head, a big hole and parts of his skull shone white in contrast to the dark red.  Keno barked as he approached.  He opened his horrid mouth as he walked closer, slight gasping sounds coming from him.

‘Was he trying to talk to me?’ Was the last thought I had as darkness took me again,

……………..

“Rosie?  Rosie!”

I closed my eyes tighter.  I was not ready to wake up.  “Five more minutes mom”

“No Rosie! Wake up! You’re going to be late for school.”

I groaned and sniggled deeper into the pillow, my mom’s bed was so comfortable.  WAIT?  I sat up suddenly surprising my mom, who was perched on the side before she reared back and being dumped on the floor.