Chapter Two

Author note:  Hi everone!  Thanks for reading Strength of Roses!  I'm not going to set a specific date for uploading but votes and positive comments sure do get the creative juces flowing. :)

So this is not my finest work, and if anyone is intrested I would love an editor or even just some council.  

PLEASE dont advertise your story on the comments.  But DO leave a message or something on my page and ill try my best to get to it and leave a positive comment.  Fans get priority. :) 

All my best. 

CHEESE MINION.

CHAPTER TWO

“Thank you.” I muttered to the bus driver as I passed her on my way out.  Tristan must have gotten a ride with one of his friends; he didn’t ride the bus back.

I hoist my bag a little higher onto my shoulder and start my trek back home.  As longs as it was I liked this walk.  I used it to think about things, or not to think at all but to clear my mind.  Like today, I did nothing but listen to the birds.  I nearly ran into my mom’s car parked in front of our house.  My mom was home!

“Mom!” I shouted when I opened the door. “Mom?”

“Up here baby!” she said coming down the stairs pulling a t-shirt over her faded jeans.

I rush to hug her. “Why are you not at work?” I gasp “Oh no! That meeting was—“

“What! No Rosie they didn’t fire me.” She laughed. I came home to give you your birthday present.”

I smiled. “My birthday’s tomorrow. Can I have it now?” 

“Of course! Saying that you have a present only to rip it away and make you wait is just cruel.” She flicked her hair, obviously remembering that mother’s day when I told her that her gift hadn’t come in yet. “Come on! Close your eyes.”

 She takes my hand and spins me around.

“Okay, a few more steps. On the count of three okay. 1… 2… 3!”

I opened my eyes to see a small red car sitting in the back yard a big blue bow on the hood. I couldn’t contain my squeal.

“Oh My Goodness! MOM! You’re the best!” I jumped on her in a tight hug.

“It's nothing fancy but—“

“It's perfect!”

“I’m glad you like it sugar.”

“I do.  It’s amazing. The best 16th birthday present ever.”

“Good! Then let’s take it for a ride’ she says jingling the keys in my face.

I snatch them quickly.  “Where to?”

“Have you had lunch yet?” I shook my head. “The diner then?”

“YES!”

“I want a cheese burger and fries. Ooh, add a chocolate shake please.”

“I'll have the same. Thanks.” I say to the waitress as she runs off to the cook. It wouldn’t take long.

“So how was school? Make any friends?” She looked so hopeful when she asked me that I almost wanted to lie, instead I stuck with the half truth.

“We didn’t really get a chance.  Between the assembly and everyone messed up schedules it was crazy today.  They got my schedule all wrong too.”