Chapter Three

I hate when you type your stuff up on word and its like seven pages and then on wattpad its only three. :(

Hopefully this is a longer chapter for yall

XOXO

CHEESE MINION

CHAPTER 3

I was so thirsty.  Crawling out of bed, I step over Keno’s sleeping form and headed to the kitchen.  Grabbing a bottle from the fridge and drank greedily. 

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, I wasn’t alone. I froze, the moon shone through the kitchen window but I was scared.  Turning slowly I saw him.

Standing behind me, in the center of the kitchen was a man.  He was tall and thin, almost bony. Dark hair fell over his fore head, shadowing his sunken in eyes making them look empty and super creepy.

“Wh-who are you?” I stuttered. My body started to shake.

He didn’t answer.  Instead he took a slow step towards me, His mouth curving upwards into a frightening smile. I didn’t wait another second, I dropped my water and pulled my body across the island counter, knocking over the stack of mail, and bolted to my room.

Keno Jumped up when I slammed the door closed and turned the lock.  Jumping on my bed I covered myself in my blanket. 

Peeking out, I saw shadows passing in the bottom of my door.  It wasn’t just me; Keno pushed his nose to the door and growled deep and low.  Squeezing my eyes shut, I prayed for sleep to take me back quickly.

I woke to a loud bark next to my ear.  It was shocking to say the least. 

Keno sat by my bed nudging me for attention.

“Morning Keno.” He grunted when I rubbed behind his ears, clearly happy.  The memory from last night child me to the bone. “That was just a bad dream right?” I almost expected Keno to answer me back.

Dressing quickly, I went to left Keno out to the yard.

“Morning baby.” Mom bounced down the stairs. “Happy 16th Birthday. This afternoon when I get back well go get you license.”

“Sounds good.” I let keno back in.

“Rosie, what happened here?”

I walked into the kitchen; my mom was looking at the floor, where a large stack of mail and an open bottle of water laid scattered on the floor.  It was real, last night was real.

“Baby, what wrong? You’re pale.”

“It thought it was dream! Mom last night I came to get water and there was a man. A CREEPY MAN. And he was here and he—“

“Whoa, whoa, Rosie, slow down.’

I explained everything that happened and what he looked like.

“Honey, you were half asleep. It was real.”

It felt real. “But Keno growled at it!”

“He was probably reacting to your fear, babe, dog can pick up on things like that. “ She pulled me in to a tight hug. “Speaking of Keno, feed him and ill make birthday pancakes, ok?”

“Yeah1 hungry boy? Come on.”

By time I feed him and fixing my hair mom yelled breakfast was ready.

“Chocolate Chip Pancakes! Your favorite!  I’m going to run and change real quick”

‘Thanks Mom” her pancakes were the best and I ate them quickly. Taking my plate to the sink, I glanced out the window and nearly dropped my plate.