Prank 3

Jade stood for a moment, "where's your bathroom?" She asked a bit too blunt for her liking.
"Down the hall to the left."
"Thank you. I'll be back."
Jade tried her best not to rush away, knowing that if she did it would be rude.
The servants led her to the guests bathroom where there were stalls. She quickly hid herself in one of them, "Get it together, Jada. You do not like this guy-" she was cut off from her self pep talk when someone entered the room, Jade quickly closed the top to the toilet and perched herself on top.
"That green haired gremlin is ruining my night. I can't understand what Stingy sees in her."
Stephanie was with her, trying to calm her down, "Trixie, he is allowed to date you're not his girlfriend anymore."
"That green thing out there doesn't know that." She snapped. Trixie looked at her forlorn face in the mirror, "I thought he would miss me. That this was only something that would pass. apparently I was wrong he doesn't need me anymore." She wallowed. Stephanie tried to have sympathy for her friend, she really did. Stephanie unfortunately had heard more than enough from Trixie about how much she wanted Stingy back in her life. It was kind of pathetic actually she really needed to move on. Knowing Trixie better than anyone, Stephanie knew that Trixie would only give up if she wanted to.
"I'm going back to the party I'll see you there."
"OK Stephanie."
Jade sat on top of the toilet trying to be as quiet as she could in the now silent bathroom. She stared out through the crack of the stall door at Trixie.
"That stunt at the theater wasn't enough. I'll need to think bigger."
Jade tried not to gasp, it was her that ruined her back at the theater. Jade's face turned red with anger it was time for little payback. not here in the bathroom, she needed to catch Trixie alone.
Once Trixie had left the bathroom, Jade returned to her seat next to Stingy.
"is everything all right Jade?" He asked her.
"Yes I'm perfectly well." Jade glared at Trixie from across the table. She was going to get it, much worse than the others. She would have to make it up to the others who had nothing to do with it but that would have to be thought of later. After dinner, Stingy had stolen her away to the garden. They circled around the maze of hedges and they both fell a little silent. She looked down at her arms again and almost panicked, "Maybe we should go back inside-"
"Calm down, here." Stingy took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders. "It's okay, I have them too." Stingy rolled up his sleeves to reveal similar scars on his arms.
"But..." She looked at them intently. "You're-"
"Rich? I have everything? Yeah, I know. Even a rich man can gain the whole world and lose his soul."
Jade nodded understandably, "I just never thought it would be possible in your position."
"Why did you used to cut?" He asked walking along with her on the garden path. Jade looked into his big brown eyes, could she trust him?
She inhaled, "My father was an awful man. He wanted me to be a boy and he's been holding that grudge against me ever since."
"I'm sorry-"
"Your turn." She interrupted. She would have let him finish but he started with the two words she loathed the most. There's no use in having someone feel sorry for her. Stingy chuckled before he told her his reason.
"I'm a rich kid, I grew up privileged and entitled to everything. Spoiled beyond comprehension but...the only two things I wanted in the whole world were never there for me."
"Your parents?" She asked.
"Yeah, they flew out everyday for meetings and parties and never thought to invite me to them. I grew up alone."
"That must have been awful."
Stingy smiled at her, he was at least two years older than her.
"So, I have to ask. What's with Trixie?"
"Oh her, we dated a while back. It was fine for a while but I think she liked my money more than she liked me."
"Yeah, Spo said she drained you dry."
"Did he?" He smiled. Jade covered her mouth, not sure if she was allowed to say anything about that, "Don't tell him I said that. I'll have an ear full when I get home if you do." She laughed.
"No worries, your secret is safe...we'll both of them."
"Thanks."
"She almost did though. I got rid of her before she did any further damage."
"She does seem like a handful."
"Oh, you don't know the half of it." He chuckled.
Jade stood silent under the moon, facing Stingy, "Thanks for the lovely night. I really had a good time."
"You're welcome. There is one thing that would make it perfect."
"Don't push it, rich boy." She said.
"It was worth a try." He shrugged. Jade left the garden and went back into the house. She spotted Trixie sitting with Stephanie on a bench behind a hedge of overgrown, potted plants. Now was Jade's chance, she stopped a servant that passed in front of her, "excuse me. Do you have any sewing scissors? I have a loose thread on my dress."
"Of course madam."
Jade waited until the servant came to her with a pair of shiny scissors, "Thanks."
The servant was luckily called to do another job and Jade made her way towards the hedge of plants, hiding behind them so she could complete her dirty deed.
"I don't think I can take it anymore, Stephanie. Jade is going to steal him right from under me."
"Please, can we talk about something else? It's getting late."
Jade reached over and snipped almost half of Trixie's center ponytail. Trixie didn't notice, she merely carried on.Stephanie caught a glimpse of what was happening behind her, her eyes widened and she didn't say a word.  Jade was surprised at Stephanie, she thought she'd blow the whistle the moment she noticed. Jade carried on until the ponytail was completely detached. Then Trixie stood to leave and the girls left the house, without Trixie knowing she had lost one of her devilish horns. Jade stood up and placed the scissors on a nearby table, stuffed the ponytail in her purse and left the house with Sportacus. she felt a bit mortified and triumphant but she knew that Jade's deed paled in comparison to what Trixie had done to her.

she ascended into the airship and left for her room without a word to Sportacus, she knew since he was a hero that he would find out that it was her all along.