Family Reunion.

Jade woke up in the early was just before 8:08 and snuck into the main room to see Sportacus still asleep.
"Do you intend to sleep in, sleepy sporty?"
He heard her voice and greeted her with a smile, "Good morning."
"Do you usually sleep with your boots on?" She asked with a sarcastic sounding voice. Spo sat up and rubbed his eyes, "I keep them on just incase there's an emergency in town."
"Makes sense."
"Makes sense that they probably smell like death too." She giggled. Spo shook his head and took off a shoe, "come here and find out."
"Uhh...no thanks. I'm good."
Spo threw the shoe in her direction and she squealed in disgust, "Eww!"
"Hahaha, yeah. You're so tough, defeated by a silly shoe."
She threw it back at him and he caught it, "Did you sleep well, Precious?"
"Yes, I did. Thank you." She stood there thinking for a moment, "Thank you for last night. I really needed it."
"Yeah, you really did need a hug." He half laughed at his remark and then looked up at her. "Do you want to tell me more of what has happened to you?"
Jade looked down, avoiding his convicting eyes, "I have a feeling you already know."
"I have a feeling, yes. But I think it will help you if you tell me."
Jade suddenly tensed and let out a trembling breath, "whatever your suspicions, they're correct. My father used to beat me."
"I know, Jade. Robbie spotted the scars on your back when he checked your bruise."
"Why didn't he say anything?"
"He was afraid of scaring you away."
"Oh." She scratched the back of her head and sat next to him on the bed. "I need to finish his song for his birthday."
"You're writing him a song?"
"He's not the only one in this town that needs to know he's loved."
"He's going to love it."
"When is his birthday?"
"August third."
"Perfect, it's close too." Jade stood. "And that means I have a date with a C note and a piano."
"Don't forget your guitar."
"I'll never forget my baby."
Spo chuckled, "have fun!" He called after her. Jade came up to him and hugged him tight, "I will."
She climbed down the ladder and hopped down from the last rung. The kids weren't out while she walked towards the theater. She opened the door and walked up to the stage, and placed her fingers on the keys. Just when she started to play, the kids started emerging from the curtains of the stage.
"Umm...hello." She stopped playing.
"We want you to leave, Jade." Pixel said.
"Well, bad news. I'm not going anywhere."
"Yes you are." Ziggy told her.
"What are you guys going to do?" She stood from the piano and faced the kids at the stage. "You can't exactly run me out of town. Sportacus will know."
"Yeah but we have someone her that wants you home really badly." Trixie appeared and Jades eyes widened in sheer terror at who was standing next to her.
"How the hell did you find him?!"
"Never mind that, girl." Her fathers voice was laced with rage. Jades face paled into a shade Stephanie had never seen before. Something was terribly wrong. she was going to help get rid of Jade but now seeing the horror on her face, she bolted from the theater to alert Sportacus.
"What's wrong Jade, looks like you've seen a ghost."
"A ghost would be better company than this awful waste of space!" She retorted even though she was shaking and trembling like a leaf. Her father clenched his fists and came at her, Jade went to leave but pixel and Ziggy wouldn't let her.
"Do you have any idea what you have done Trixie?!" Jade screamed at her.
"I'd say I just took care of my little problem."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stephanie raced through the streets trying to find Sportacus. Stingy caught her and clasped her shoulders, knowing something was wrong, "whoa! What's going on Stephanie? You look like you just seen something-"
"Jade is in trouble!"
"What did you guys do?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't know. Just get to the theater."
Stingy's face turned stone cold and didn't say a word, he just sprinted to the theater as fast as he could.
Sportacus was walking around the park and Stephanie called to him, "Isn't your crystal working?!"
"What's going on?"
Robbie was walking home from getting groceries and over heard what was going on, "Jades father is in the theater. I'm so sorry, we didn't know."
Sportacus bolted with Stephanie right behind him. Robbie, filled with livid rage dropped his bags and headed to the stage door.
"What on earth have you done, Trixie?!" Stingy burst through the doors and stood in between Jade and her father.
"Get out of my way, boy!"
"No."
"Don't test me! I'll make you move."
"Do it then. The longer I keep you from her the better."
"That won't be necessary, step away from your daughter!" Sportacus came in like an eagle locked onto his prey. The man turned around and started to laugh, "what in the hell are you going to-" the man was cut off when Spo's fist met his jaw.
"Leave Jade alone. Leave this town and never come back. You will forget Jade and you will stop coming after her. She's not your daughter anymore. She's mine."
The man stumbled getting up from the stage floor, "you can't do that, she's my property!"
"She's not property, you fat, infested spore of puss!" Spo seethed. All of the kids gasped, they've never seen Sportacus like this before.
"That's it, I'm not taking any lip from a whiskered, blue clad cartoon." He stood up to throw a punch but another blow to his face knocked him back onto the floor. This time it wasn't Sportacus. He looked up to see Robbie standing over him enraged, "Stingy, get Jade out of here." He ordered. Stingy took her hand and led her out, all of the kids following behind. Robbie waited until the doors closed.
"Why do you beat Jade?"
"That's none of your-"
"Tell me now or so help me!" Robbie came at him, ready to kick the man in the stomach but Sportacus pulled him back, "Robbie, stop. What's gotten into you?"
"Let's just say I've felt jades pain." He turned back to Jades poor excuse for a father, "Do what Sportacus says. You're never seeing Jade again."
"Make me!"
Robbie stooped down to meet his eyes, "You don't want me to make you." Robbie clenched his fists audibly. Fear struck the man stiff. "The way you're feeling right now, is how she felt everyday she lived with you. The fear eating away at her insides like a parasite. Not knowing when you'll burst through that door in a drunken rage and use her as a human punching bag. She felt ugly, not good enough, she wanted to die!" Robbie spat in his face. "Now leave this place before I do something that I'll regret."
Her father stood up, stumbling to his feet. Robbie went to walk away and the man reached into his pocket pulling out a knife, coming towards him.
"Robbie watch out!"
But it was too late...