GhostTown.

SarahJanepOp, Jun 19, 2016, 6:18:58 PM
Literature / Fan Fiction / Drama
Jade nodded and looked out at the tracks that shrunk away as they went farther. Silence fell and the both of them as they ate their meal.
Ghost Town started coming into view, "You want to get off here?"
Jade looked over at the town coming their way, "Does anyone live there?"
"It's called Ghost a Town for a reason." He smiled.
"Alright. Let's go."
They gathered their things and hopped off the train, tumbling down the hill that the tracks had been built on.
"Ow!" Jade cracked her neck and stood. "You okay?" She looked down at Stingy and he laughed, "yeah I'm fine."
She helped him up and they walked into town. It was a dark and quiet town with a well in the center of the square. An old church building, shops and tiny houses dotted the place, "has it always been this way?"
"Actually, no. The people of LazyTown, before Sportacus came used to be exactly what the town is called. Some people didn't like the fact that LazyTown was becoming more active and built this town. A lot of people left."
"Who was in charge of this place?"
Stingy looked at her a bit surprised, "I thought he'd tell you since you two were so close."
"Who, Robbie? Robbie was mayor of this town?" She asked shocked. Stingy nodded. Her mouth opened wide, why didn't he tell her? "So what happened?"
"Robbie quickly realized that being the mayor means a lot of responsibility, he was hellbent on this town being purely lazy. But that made all of the stores go out of business, people not being able to pay their bills because there was no work and it eventually turned into this."
"He must have been devastated."
"He ended back at his old home and has been there ever since."
"The people of LazyTown don't hold that against him, do they?"
"For the ones who returned, no. We are easily forgiving."
"Good."
"He does seem to think that we do not like him, though. That's why he never comes out."
"What do you think about him?"
"I think he's hilarious. His pranks may not work but it gives us a good laugh."
Jade smiled and pulled her jacket closer to her. Both of them walked into a little house and Stingy pulled out a box of matches, "getting cold?"
"Yes."
Stingy went out to get some wood and things for the fire. Jade pulled up an old chair that sat near the window and pulled it up to the fireplace. He came back with an arm full of sticks and newspaper, he lit it under the old fireplace and sat down on the floor.
"Thanks."
"For what?"
"For today and for believing me."
"You're welcome. I'd believe anyone against Trixie."
"Has she always been like that?"
"Not all of her life. She was always a prankster but by the time she and I started dating she realized she could manipulate people."
"That's awful."
"Yeah, I'm glad she's not in my life anymore. I mean, I still have to put up with her sometimes but it pales in comparison to what it used to be."
"I understand. You live in the same town. It must be a little hard to avoid her."
"Yeah, I'm not perfect either." He laughed out. "I was a very selfish kid when I was younger. I think that was a way of coping with my parents not being around as much."
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I wouldn't change anything."
"Why not?"
"I know this is going to sound weird and very cliché but, I wouldn't change anything because I wouldn't be here in this moment."
Jade chuckled, "you're right, that stinks of cliché."
Stingy laughed at her comment, "but it's so true."
"Oh I know. If it wasn't I'd tease you further." Jade sat down on the floor with him and warmed herself near the fire.
"So what time would you want to go home?"
"How about right now?" Jade and stingy cocked their heads to the voice that came from the doorway. It was Sportacus.
"Sportacus?"
"Put out the fire and let's go." He said in a stern voice. Jade and Stingy didn't hesitate and did what he said.
They walked their way back home, Sportacus was silent the whole way. Jade didn't know what was worse, Spo angry or silent. Stingy gave Jade a reassuring look before he left for his house. She followed Spo at a distance out of instinct, she remembered what Stingy said about Spo but she had to figure that out for herself.
Once they made it into the ship Jade tried to plead her case, "Spo-"
"Go to your room. I'm not in a talking mood right now."
She was taken aback from his words and retreated to her room, obeying him.
A few minutes past and Spo knocked on her door, "Come in."
"I just want to know one thing, why did you prank the very people that welcomed you here? The ones that practically built this room for you?"
"I'm sorry."
"No, no. That's not going to work this time. Give me an explanation? Tell me why you did such an awful thing?" Spo placed his hands on his hips.
"I did it to find out who hurt me in that theater."
"It was an accident."
"You'd say that but you weren't there. You didn't hear someone laughing at my pain backstage."
"Why would anyone want to hurt you?"
"Because they see me as a threat to their ex boyfriend."
"Trixie?"
"Yeah."
" I admit Trixie is bizarre and mean but she'd never-"
" I heard her talking about it in the bathroom during Stingy's party."
"You did?"
"Yes. Now I understand what I did was wrong, I apologized to everyone...except her."
"Oh, they didn't tell me that."
"It doesn't matter anymore, they all hate me. No one believes me, so that's that. I'm sorry I've been a horrible house guest but...unfortunately this is me. I understand if you don't want me here anymore."
"Whoa, hold on a minute. No ones kicking you out." He sat next to her on the bed. "I would never do that to you Jade."
"You say that now... I always find a way of messing things up."
"Stop it. Come here." Spo hugged her close. "You are so loved. Please let us love you."
Jade's body was closed to his hug, not sure weather to trust it. Spo didn't let go, he wanted her to return it.
SPO POV
Jade, please hug me back. I know you want to and I know you're scared too but please before the night is over just let me know you trust me. I could hear her whimpers against my chest, such a tough girl. She didn't like to cry, she thinks it makes her weak. Her once strong frame weakened, slowly opening the door. That's it, precious you can do it. One of her arms wrapped around me and the other followed, "it's going to be okay, Jade."
She clutched my shirt and cried, "Please don't hate me!" She cried out and started to let out fast anxious breaths. I shook my head, "No, Jade. No one hates you. We love you."
She slumped a little hearing it a second time, crying harder.
"Shhhh....I love you, Jade. No one is going to hurt you anymore. I'll protect you."
I let go of her to see her face covered in tears, her green hair a mess and sticking to her face. I smiled and brushed her hair and tears away, I didn't leave until she calmed down and her breathing slowed, "come, let's get you some rest dear." I turned down the covers and she laid down while I covered her up.
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight."
I shut the door and let her sleep.