Thank you

After the party, Sportacus and Jade walked home. They were both exhausted from the events that unfolded, laughing on their way home.
"I could've been me but...I think I saw Trixie kiss Ziggy." Jade commented. They both looked at each other and laughed. "Poor guy."
"Hey Jade! Wait up!" Jade heard Stingy's voice in the distance. She looked at Spo and he nodded, "Go ahead I'll meet you at home."
"Okay." Jade approached him.
"Hey, precious." He flirted.
"Hey rich boy." She chuckled.
"Leaving so soon?" He asked. Jade nodded.
"You know Spo. 8:08 on the dot."
"Yeah, he's such an early bird..."
"So... Did you need to speak with me?" She asked looking up into his depthless brown eyes.
"Yeah, I was wondering if...I don't know...if you want...would you like to go out with me?"
Jades face was still for a moment and then she blushed, "Are you sure?"
"What do you mean am I sure?"
"I don't know, I'm not used to...this."
"Oh? And what is...this?" He smiled.
"I'm not used to feeling like...I matter." She looked up at him with shiny tears in her eyes. Stingy just took her hand and kissed it tenderly.
"You, Jadis Precious matter so much more than you think."
Tears sprang from her eyes and Stingy was quick to wipe them away, "Hey, listen to me." He spoke softly. "Your name is Precious for a reason."
"I'm just...overwhelmed by all of it. It's too good to be true."
"Come here Jade." He hugged her close and she tried not to cry into her shoulder. "You are simply amazing, Jade. You had no one to truly love you and now you have so many that love you. I can understand why that might feel strange, but let us love you. I promise we won't let you down."
"Okay."
"Everything is going to be okay, I promise." He whispered.
Jade lifted herself up enough to give him a light kiss, making him feel light as a feather.
"Now that I have people who love me...I think it's time to learn how to love myself."
"That sounds like a perfect idea, dear."
"So, my first step to loving myself... Yes."
"Yes, what?"
"Yes, I'll go out with you. You make me feel like I don't need to worry, I need that."
"Well, if it's going to help you, your wish is my command." She said making her giggle. She kissed him again before heading home.
"Goodnight, Stingy. Sweet dreams."
"Sweet indeed they will be."
She hung there on the ladder watching Stingy walk home joyfully. She then once again looked up at the night sky as if she was being looked down upon by some divine being, "Thank you. Whatever you are."
THE END.