Chapter Eleven: Heaven Bound Behaviors.

This is the place where we look at those actions that makes us different from anyone else. I will give my observations on what those actions are that makes us stand firm in His presence.

........................................................................

What is heaven? How does one describe the essence of it? Why does one point up to the sky when talking about it? Why this? Why that? Why not that or those?

A lot of questions will always follow the topics that are heaven related. The Holy Bible in the book of Revelation described heaven as the dwelling place of God Almighty.

It’s not just the clouds or the stars or the moon even. Heaven is more than a place of abundance of food and merriment, not just a place where the lucky and faithful ones dwell after death. No, it’s a place where not even an iota of evil can squeeze itself into. It’s a place that love is openly shared, peace is in the air and laughter and happiness knows no bound. There is no illnesses, no war, no crime, no hatred and most importantly it’s the place where we reap our years of submission.

Heaven is the hope of those that truly believes. To my understanding, heaven is the hope we have when we are faced with trials and tribulations. Those moments of doubts that threaten us daily and test our faith are forgotten when we think about our heaven-bound journey.

I read that whatever tears had been shed here on earth will end here on earth when we believe in him. Ours will not be a portion of gnashing of teeth. All our tribulations will be wiped away and our souls shall know no mourning or pain.

What a wonderful feeling I always get when I remember this. The salvation of our souls is always the first step of faith we can take towards heaven. No matter how kind, patient, respectful, remorseful, obedient or tolerant we claim ourselves to be, our salvation is not guaranteed until we submit to him totally.

When we claim to be wise and hide behind the unwise choice of just acting noble and holy without actually acknowledging our Creator as the only one that can save us, we will only end up with a darkened heart. A darkened heart will only lead itself to its destruction and perish in its unwise cleverness.

Living a heaven-bound life takes more than just going to mosque ir church or obeying the Ten Commandments or the teachings of the hadith.

Bless and curse not, no matter what. Love genuinely, be cheerful when giving, genuinely rejoice with those who rejoice, sympathize with others that weep. Do not repay evil with its like; leave all vengeance to God.

And don’t be overcome with evil he will always knock upon your door as a way to test you. Don’t put hindrances in the way of a brother or sister.

A heaven-bound behavior does not include falsehood, cheating, sweet-talking, covetousness, name-calling and the likes that we call trivial. Many believe that since its not fornication, adultery, stealing or murder then its nothing. My dear reader, heaven is not a nothing-issue. It’s not for those that indulge in even the littlest of all unrighteous behavior.

I have known sin, I lived in it for a while but I met got a turn around. Heaven is my goal now just like others that take our faith seriously and not as trivial. It should be our goal too but it can’t be when your behaviors are questionable even by men not to talk of God.